CTX 1300 Forum banner

3381 - 3400 of 3491 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Recorded a video to show the tools and procedures for removing and installing the front wheel. Nothing was wrong or needed to be done with my front wheel--I just got a request from a new YouTube subscriber who viewed my rear wheel video. The job is simple for me and it is fun to make these videos. I am editing the video now and it will be released on YouTube as soon as possible.

Thanks for following my 'How To' videos on YouTube.

Peace,
Chris
Gee thanks, I did mine yesterday after wishing I could find a video example...

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was cleaning up the dashcam videos today and thought I'd share a snippet for the CTX community. I got caught in tropical storm Faye a few weeks ago, on the Interstate from Harrisburg PA towards Philadelphia. I was surprised that for many stretches the biked seemed better in the rain than the cars. I only ride at my comfort level. Speed here is about 60 mph.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On the 4 day ride with another forum member we noticed that our brake lights worked but it was a considerable travel distance after there was hydraulic pressure.

So today I adjusted the switches (front and rear) so the brake lights come on considerably sooner.

I suggest you go push your front break leaver and see if there is resistance before you hear the switch click.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
^^^^ Yes. Had to adjust my rear switch shortly after I got my new-to-me CTX.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
600 Posts
Steelmate EBAT ET-900AE

more info here:

buy here:
or

I added it to the knowledge sharing document as well with a link back to this post.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Those TPM look interesting. Anyone know if a 90 degree valve stem would hold up with one on it? Last week end on my short trip to Ark one of the GoldWing riders had a system on his bike but somewhere found a "T" shaped valve stem. That allowed him to run the TPM without having to remove it to air up the tire. Do those have to be "reprogrammed" each time they are removed from the valve stem? A "T" would eliminate that I would think. Ideas anyone?
Ride safe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yesterday I installed ISO grips and throttle bosses, should've done it the day I bought the bike, and a second RAM mount ball on the handlebar clamp for my X Grip
20200808_195225_HDR.jpg
. Now I have GPS and phone mounts centered in the bars. That got me set up for todays ride.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Got in a 359 mile ride today with my buddy Greg on his F6B. We hunted up two of the four covered bridges in the MO Parks Dept. Burfordville Covered Bridge located next to Bollinger Mill Park in Burfordville and Sandy Creek Covered Bridge just north of Hillsboro MO off old Hwy 21. While in the area we also took in The Viet Nam Veterans Memorial near Perryville MO. It’s a full size replica of “The Wall” in DC. Very sobering seeing all those names of those that Gave it All. The land and $4.5 million to build it were donated by the farmer who owned the property. It is supported by donations also.
We will do the other two Park system covered bridges to the north on another day. Ride safe all.
328BE397-7EDA-4C19-BFAF-06E9C2E37583.jpeg

6516A018-E9BD-406E-ABA8-F09156078707.jpeg
04D06111-4755-4CCF-B00D-1B02E9C5EA2B.jpeg

·
Registered
276 Posts
My Red Enchantress has served me well these passed three years! Though, I have decided to sell her for a younger model: 2018 Goldwing Tour (manual), New out of the box at a major discounted price!

This forum has been a treasure trove of information and help!

Remember, the journey is the destination!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Went for a wet ride in Tassie with a fellow CTX rider, my brother from another mother and a BMW, not great weather but good mates and great following the beast, It looks so sweet and steady on the wet road. Its not always sunny in Tasmania and i do ride in the rain when needed. Sorry about the blank spot on the video.

Reactions: cefox and Stlburd2

·
Registered
320 Posts
Washed/picked/scrubbed the remains of roughly 176,000 grasshoppers off of it. Coming across WA 74 over the weekend... I've never seen so many grasshoppers and small birds on the road.
Anyway started polishing everything up in preparation for mounting new tires this weekend. Ordered the tires today a Riken Raptor ZR A/S and a Bridgestone G 853.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Removed the rear wheel and cleaned it up. All without blowing out my back or hip, so yaaaa me I guess. I discovered that the small.screw driver on a Leatherman P4 fits the splines perfectly and works great for digging out the crusty old moly paste. Speaking of which I realized I don't have any Moly 60. Guess I'll pick up some moly paste ar NAPA.

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Registered
553 Posts
Those TPM look interesting. Anyone know if a 90 degree valve stem would hold up with one on it? Last week end on my short trip to Ark one of the GoldWing riders had a system on his bike but somewhere found a "T" shaped valve stem. That allowed him to run the TPM without having to remove it to air up the tire. Do those have to be "reprogrammed" each time they are removed from the valve stem? A "T" would eliminate that I would think. Ideas anyone?
Ride safe.
go to https://my-fobo.com/
Fobo bike 2 blue tooth tire pressure monitor and under accessories can find the T valve I had installed when I had new tires put on love it.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
263 Posts
Last Sunday was a very windy day but we went on a ride anyway. Went from Richmond to Margate, then Cygnet and finally Geeveston. Rode home via Sorell with Clive and then back through Grasstree Hill to home. Great ride with great mates.

Reactions: cefox

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rode to the VFW Post in Ephrata Pa for the 1st Sunday Breakfast meet. A little different this year because of COVID restrictions but it was a beautiful day to ride. Saw another CTX there belonging to a guy named John and talked about how great these bikes are. Ended up with 107 miles for the day and alot of smiles.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
After laboring all weekend cutting grass and cleaning up a old John Deere Gator I bought from a neighbor I needed a ride. Never buy equipment from a cattle man. I bet I power washed 50 lbs of cow crap off it. So today I just had to ride. A 165 mile loop up to Jeff City then out 54 towards Lake of the Ozarks. Late afternoon there was a 2.5 mile backup coming into Jeff from the Lake. Everyone headed home. But going the opposite way was a breeze. Cut off before the Lake and took back roads home. Great ride but a little warm at 92.

3381 - 3400 of 3491 Posts