CTX 1300 Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3466 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I traded my CTX in last Friday as I mentioned in the classifieds. We still have two CTX 700s in the family so I'm not far. Still contemplating the NC trip later this month, will ask permission first before showing up with a foreigner bike to a CTX 1300 event

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cleaned the bike up today, in prep for heading to the MITM (95% sure I will be there!). Took it for a ride to make sure everything was good, then gonna let it sit a bit, then change the oil. Well, lots of dragonflies and butterflies - and then a deluge about 8 miles from home! Oh well, will clean it again after a coolant and oil change.

Shrek - no need to “ask permission”. You’re a member here. You’re welcome on any machine. Several will be there on “other” bikes. Anyway, the CTX700 is the little brother to the CTX1300, which is the little brother to the GW1800 - all in the family!!!!

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,403
My Red Enchantress has served me well these passed three years! Though, I have decided to sell her for a younger model: 2018 Goldwing Tour (manual), New out of the box at a major discounted price!

This forum has been a treasure trove of information and help!

Remember, the journey is the destination!
WOW! I cannot lie, that very same idea has been going through my mind.

Pictures!

Peace,
Hansen

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,404
I traded my CTX in last Friday as I mentioned in the classifieds. We still have two CTX 700s in the family so I'm not far. Still contemplating the NC trip later this month, will ask permission first before showing up with a foreigner bike to a CTX 1300 event

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
All Bikes Welcome! Every year we have folks on BMWs, Triumphs, and sometimes HD.

Hope to see you there.

Peace,
Hansen

·
Registered
188 Posts
WOW! I cannot lie, that very same idea has been going through my mind.

Pictures!

Peace,
Hansen
I have the same idea, but always comes to this. I don’t do 2up, the CTX is a great tourer bike and overall great bike for all applications except off-road, and the money difference that I need to add in a trade in scenario it is always between 14-15k in the best case. So what I did this weekend is I put a deposit on a New bike that will do little bit of off road riding/ adventuring to fill in the gap left by the CTX.? I’m supposed to take ownership of a BMW G310gs in about 2 weeks from a dealership in Minnesota. On on top of it a will still have lot of left over funds for something else if I get the itch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Front tire finally showed up yesterday. Got it installed today along with the Fenda Extenda I've had for 3 years.
I went with a Bridgestone G853F OE replacement, hopefully it won't cup like the Dunlop's did. I've ridden on a lot of different tires over the years, the original Dunlops were among the worst IMO.
20200909_195953.jpg 20200909_130649.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
This morning I was in the garage cleaning and treating the un painted plastics when the UPS guy showed up with my brake pads.
So I installed front and rear EBC HH pads. I've used EBC for a long while I've found they make a top quality part and they make them in the US.
A few more detail items and the deep clean I started while changing tires will be done. Then it'll be time to take it out and get it dirty again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So yesterday I finally got all of my mods done to the ol’ CTX standard. I bought the bike with 1,300 miles last May and I just rolled about 2,500 mi. on it. The bike came with a couple of great mods. 1) the tall Honda windshield, 2) homemade but awesome highway footpegs, 3) the front wheel mudflap, and most expensively - the back rack and passenger backrest.

Since then, I added 1) @menosabe saddle guards 2) grip puppies, 3) Go Cruise throttle lock, 4) MRX X-creen windshield flip, 5) Rox anti-vibe risers, 6) gear indicator, and 7) RAM-X phone mount.

Yesterday I installed the gear indicator and phone mount. It went smoothly – I used the fish-tape-through-the-gas-tank method for the indicator and it was about a 10 minute job. The only trick was where to mount it. I ended up putting it on the round part of the bars right in the middle – but it held nicely last night. The flip and the risers were about 2 weeks ago and I hadn’t had a chance to highway test those yet, either.

So last night we went about 1 hr away 2-up. I tell you what, having the handlebars close enough so I could rest against the seatback and having the “bubble” of wind keeping the ride peaceful was pure joy! I was so tired of the buffeting and the reaching. I had a Victory Vision before and I was spoiled by that bike’s wind management – and the VV’s pull back bars.

The only thing I will add now is a Shad SH58X top box. I really miss being able to stow my helmets when we go somewhere. Also, I need to figure out a phone charger situation (no need to reply - I can look on here, I just haven't yet).

I hope you guys are having as much fun on your CTX’s as I am. This bike always gets positive comments. Nobody knows what they are. They are unique, beautiful, and fun to ride as well as being inexpensive.

I’ll post some pictures after I clean her up. I want to thank everyone on here for helping me find all of these excellent mods! I couldn’t have done it without you!!!

EzMeTaL

·
Registered
13 Posts
So yesterday I finally got all of my mods done to the ol’ CTX standard. I bought the bike with 1,300 miles last May and I just rolled about 2,500 mi. on it. The bike came with a couple of great mods. 1) the tall Honda windshield, 2) homemade but awesome highway footpegs, 3) the front wheel mudflap, and most expensively - the back rack and passenger backrest.

Since then, I added 1) @menosabe saddle guards 2) grip puppies, 3) Go Cruise throttle lock, 4) MRX X-creen windshield flip, 5) Rox anti-vibe risers, 6) gear indicator, and 7) RAM-X phone mount.

Yesterday I installed the gear indicator and phone mount. It went smoothly – I used the fish-tape-through-the-gas-tank method for the indicator and it was about a 10 minute job. The only trick was where to mount it. I ended up putting it on the round part of the bars right in the middle – but it held nicely last night. The flip and the risers were about 2 weeks ago and I hadn’t had a chance to highway test those yet, either.

So last night we went about 1 hr away 2-up. I tell you what, having the handlebars close enough so I could rest against the seatback and having the “bubble” of wind keeping the ride peaceful was pure joy! I was so tired of the buffeting and the reaching. I had a Victory Vision before and I was spoiled by that bike’s wind management – and the VV’s pull back bars.

The only thing I will add now is a Shad SH58X top box. I really miss being able to stow my helmets when we go somewhere. Also, I need to figure out a phone charger situation (no need to reply - I can look on here, I just haven't yet).

I hope you guys are having as much fun on your CTX’s as I am. This bike always gets positive comments. Nobody knows what they are. They are unique, beautiful, and fun to ride as well as being inexpensive.

I’ll post some pictures after I clean her up. I want to thank everyone on here for helping me find all of these excellent mods! I couldn’t have done it without you!!!

EzMeTaL

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Got in a 374 mile ride today with my buddy Greg on his F6B. We completed our tour of MO Covered Bridges (at least those in the St Park system). Locust Creek CB west of Brookfield. A 1.5 mile gravel road in/out was fun. Union CB is near Paris MO.
While there we got to witness a 9 yr old girl Baptized in the Salt River fork that runs beneath the bridge. Very cool with the many of the small country congregation present. Don’t get to witness that much now a days.
Greg got the better of me on mileage 43 to my 41.5mpg. Right at 9 hrs. So I’m tuned up for Suches. C U soon.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Pretty cool! I’ve been to the one by Perry, but not the one up by Brookfield. I keep saying one of these days, we will cross paths.
Baptisms are pretty neat. Good timing on your part.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
A busy few days with the bike this week. Monday I removed the wheels so new tires could be installed. A THANK YOU to HansenCTX for the you tube videos on wheel removal, they are great helpers. Had the tires mounted yesterday, Exedra for the front and a Metzeler 888 for the rear. Today I put the wheels back on, changed the oil and went for a thirty mile test run. Everything is normal. A big difference in cornering but then I did let the old tires wear down further than I should have. All set for a group ride Saturday and feeling much more secure with the new rubber.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Had the tires mounted yesterday, Exedra for the front and a Metzeler 888 for the rear.
Any particular reason you went with the Bridgestone front and Metzeler rear ?

3401 - 3420 of 3466 Posts