CTX 1300 Forum banner

3421 - 3440 of 3464 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,423
A busy few days with the bike this week. Monday I removed the wheels so new tires could be installed. A THANK YOU to HansenCTX for the you tube videos on wheel removal, they are great helpers. Had the tires mounted yesterday, Exedra for the front and a Metzeler 888 for the rear. Today I put the wheels back on, changed the oil and went for a thirty mile test run. Everything is normal. A big difference in cornering but then I did let the old tires wear down further than I should have. All set for a group ride Saturday and feeling much more secure with the new rubber.
Thanks and your welcome!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
About 1pm today I parked it in the garage after a 1550 mile round trip to the 2020 Meet Up In The Mountains at Two Wheels of Suches in GA. Left on the 22nd and home today. Not being a camper I toughed it out at a motel in Dahlonge GA. Had a great time and Chris H has already thrown out feelers for planning next years get together. Damp at times but had a great time there. Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,426
About 1pm today I parked it in the garage after a 1550 mile round trip to the 2020 Meet Up In The Mountains at Two Wheels of Suches in GA. Left on the 22nd and home today. Not being a camper I toughed it out at a motel in Dahlonge GA. Had a great time and Chris H has already thrown out feelers for planning next years get together. Damp at times but had a great time there. Ride safe all.
It was great to see you Stan! Thanks for making it to every Meetup in the Mountains event!!! If we had a trophy for attendance, you would get it! Always a pleasure riding with you.

Peace brother,
Chris Hansen

·
Registered
212 Posts
I didn’t know my brake light wasn’t coming on unless I really mashed the foot brake pedal. Frontis noticed it at the MeetUp. So today it took all of 30 seconds to adjust the switch to have the brake light come on sooner.
That is more common than you would think.

Both Kevin and mine were the same.

Only takes a second to check, and around 30 seconds to fix....

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,430
That is more common than you would think.

Both Kevin and mine were the same.

Only takes a second to check, and around 30 seconds to fix....

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk
I should look at mine. Got pulled over because the police officer said my brake light was out. I got off the bike and checked... it seemed to be working fine. I might need to look into this adjustment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I adjusted my rear brake switch today also. It wasn't coming on at the Meetup in the Mountains either. It took about a full turn to get adjusted correctly. I also got my camping gear packed up that was drying after getting wet at the Meetup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Changed the oil and rear "diff" fluid today. It's the first time I've changed these fluids since buying the bike and well im thinking it's been a couple of years since the last oil change. It's been a long time since I've seen oil as foamy and thin as what came out of this bike. She's running better than ever now! Did about 85 miles to test on her. Next up will be clutch and brake flush. Cheers!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Was 23 C and sunny so. I went for a 4 hr 300 km ride and then refilled tank with more fuel stabilizer.. Rain started an hr after I got back.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,439
290 mile round-trip ride up and down the entire length of the Moonshiner (HWY28, SC-GA-NC). My friend Brian joined me on his Yamaha FJR1300. We left Saturday morning around 9:30am and rode north, getting on HWY28 here in Anderson SC. We rode through Walhalla SC, Highlands NC, Franklin NC, then arrived at the base of the Tail of the Dragon (HWY129) at the NC/TN boarder. After some people watching, we turned around and rode south on HWY28 to Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge and Resort where we tent-camped overnight. Ironhorse was full to capacity; only a handful of campsites left. Got up early the next morning, packed up, and got back out on HWY28 and rode it south back the way we came. Got home on Sunday mid day.

We had very little rain going north on 28. Rode very aggressively in sections where (1) weather permitted and (2) traffic was lite. The ride home was different. It rained all night, so the road surfaces near Stecoah NC were wet. However, once I got passed HWY74 and headed towards Franklin, the road was PERFECT! As I arrived to Franklin (going south) the rain started and did not stop all day. I had my rain suit... I stayed dry and the CTX1300 was amazing.

I took some video on both GoPros. I might make a short video.

Peace,
Chris

3421 - 3440 of 3464 Posts