CTX 1300 Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3464 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
290 mile round-trip ride up and down the entire length of the Moonshiner (HWY28, SC-GA-NC). My friend Brian joined me on his Yamaha FJR1300. We left Saturday morning around 9:30am and rode north, getting on HWY28 here in Anderson SC. We rode through Walhalla SC, Highlands NC, Franklin NC, then arrived at the base of the Tail of the Dragon (HWY129) at the NC/TN boarder. After some people watching, we turned around and rode south on HWY28 to Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge and Resort where we tent-camped overnight. Ironhorse was full to capacity; only a handful of campsites left. Got up early the next morning, packed up, and got back out on HWY28 and rode it south back the way we came. Got home on Sunday mid day.

We had very little rain going north on 28. Rode very aggressively in sections where (1) weather permitted and (2) traffic was lite. The ride home was different. It rained all night, so the road surfaces near Stecoah NC were wet. However, once I got passed HWY74 and headed towards Franklin, the road was PERFECT! As I arrived to Franklin (going south) the rain started and did not stop all day. I had my rain suit... I stayed dry and the CTX1300 was amazing.

I took some video on both GoPros. I might make a short video.

Peace,
Chris
Had a look on google earth and they are some amazing roads with great scenery and Im sure would be a fantastic ride on the beast. If I ever win the Lotto i will be over looking for a tour guide to keep me on the right side of the road. Love to see a video.

regards Ian

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cleaned the bike up this morning, and went for a ride. Rode 130 miles over a 4 hour period on some roads I have never been down before - all within 20 miles of my home! Lived here all my 56+ years. Mostly 2-lane country roads. Some without centerstriping. Some without pavement! Had a stop for breakfast on the way out, and a stop for lunch on the way back. Rode by this sign again, and just HAD to snap a pic. Was probably true last night (Halloween)!!!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
It was just too sunny out to not go for a ride. But first lets trip over the mower discharge chute and bust my butt and elbow on the floor. Hurt but not enough to stop the mission. Only 23 miles around the country block and it took all the pains away. Boy 53 degrees felt cold. I’m not ready for winter. Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
400+ mile ride for me today. First time I’ve been back on a bike since 7/28 ankle reconstruction. Once I got going it was tough to stop. So sad to see my CTX with cobwebs on it.. Now it’s covered with smashed bugs. Visited the small town of Turney MO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Met a riding buddy in Washington MO for lunch at Cowans a well known place for big tall pies. Then we went west on Hwy 100 over to Herman MO then south on 19 to Swiss Meat & Sausage Co. If ya like brats or sausage ya need to check this place out. We split up there, he went back to St Peter’s MO and I went home. 125 round trip. Weather was a perfect mid 70’s. Social distancing at its finest.
FA825E8F-AB94-4E3A-B44E-280187C6A7F4.jpeg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Took the spousal unit to breakfast at Grapevine Cafe on South Padre Island. Roads most of the way there were wet from an early morning shower, but glorious sunshine shortly thereafter. Nice tasty breakfast at a quaint little spot. Rode the full length of Park Road 100 on the island north, then headed back toward the bridge on the extreme south end. Stopped at one of the high-rise hotel parking lots so my wife could check out a Can-Am Spyder RT. Think she ‘may’ be getting the itch to ride her own again ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
So this past Saturday the whether was great. Early in the morning my wife said the Red bike(the CTX) needs a ride( I have been riding my new bike for a month now), she said call you friends and go for a ride, probably this is a last good weekend of the year for a ride. So I called my buddy and he said I’m coming. So from my house We rode out south towards NW Indiana with an idea to ride the bottom( South part) od the Lake Michigan circle tour. We rode on Hwy 12 in Indiana to New Buffalo MI, We stoped for a quick refreshing drink at “The Stray Dog” restaurant/bar, the place was packed, the have great rooftop seating with a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. From here we continued to Saint Joseph MI where We stoped for a lunch. After the lunch We took a stroll through the town, lots of people were out enjoying the great weather. From here we decided to go back home and We didn’t want to drive late in the evening, so We just jumped on the Interstate and rode it back home. In all great day. And just to finish, We saw A LOTS of bikes riding and enjoin the great day. Mostly Harley’s but here and there some other brands, the one funny thing is We noticed some small bikes riding around too like the Honda Groom and the Bennelly 135, some scouters too. Now time for a clean up , oil change and winterizing the bike. Also will need new tires for the next season.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did 160 Mile trip today. Went up RT101 to RT169 , Stopped in at the Vanilla Bean Cafe, An absolute must to hit this one if you are in CT, Met a bunch of fellow riders including one with a 100th year aniversery Harley that was quite intrigued with the CTX. Then continued to RT190 and then RT197 into Union then Stafford springs. From there i kept going passed through Somers, Enfield, Suffield then down to East Granby and then Granby. Stopped there to rest and ended up meeting a fellow rider with a 05 Yamaha FZ1 with 110,000 miles! Super nice guy who wanted to know everything about the CTX as he'd never seen one. I had originally intended to continue all the way to litchfield but because of the fact that i left late (12:30PM) and i can talk about bikes for hours i decided to cap it in Winsted and jump on the super slab to get back home. Overall a great way to spend 6 or so hours. As usual the CTX did excellent. Also here's a Pic:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I rode last night around the Phoenix metro area after the sun went down. I thought I dressed appropriately for the temperatures.. but it was BRISK out there! Recent sprinkles added humidity to the mix and it was cool and damp in those valleys. I ended up only doing ~100 miles and I was ready to be done. Time to get the winter gear out .

·
Registered
51 Posts
This Sunday past, I joined up with a group of friends for a late breakfast at a town north of my city (London, Ontario,) and we then took a day long scenic scoot on secondary roads. In Waterloo Region, I saw myself coming towards us, an identical red CTX 1300 riding with a Gold Wing and a Harley! So rare to see another one. Very cool!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not my bike but my mate had a cager rear end him at a Roundabout and wrote his bike off. Not many around to replace with in Tassie.
Crash2.jpg
crash3.jpg
CTX crash.jpg

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not my bike but my mate had a cager rear end him at a Roundabout and wrote his bike off. Not many around to replace with in Tassie.
That is so unfortunate...I hope Mad Mick did not get injured. I wish him well and hope he is back in the saddle soon.

·
Registered
547 Posts
^^^ Agreed.

3441 - 3460 of 3464 Posts