CTX 1300 Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3491 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,462
Not my bike but my mate had a cager rear end him at a Roundabout and wrote his bike off. Not many around to replace with in Tassie.
Terrible news. I hope the rider was okay and is able to get another bike relatively soon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is so unfortunate...I hope Mad **** did not get injured. I wish him well and hope he is back in the saddle soon.
Mate he was ok and was riding his wife's bike the next day, he is a tough ex military policeman so nothing will keep him down.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Terrible news. I hope the rider was okay and is able to get another bike relatively soon.
Thanks Chris, he is ok and riding his wife's bike for now, his son also just got his license. He was talking about a Goldwing now so maybe he will get one soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Did an oil change, used Honda oil and filter, put some fuel stabilizer in the fuel, clean the bike , hooked it up to a battery tender and now is parked in the garage for the hibernation period. Usually I do this second weekend in December, because I ride the “Chicago Toys for Tots “ charity parade, but as everything else it’s been canceled too, so the CTX got put o way early this year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Technically this was yesterday but... Went out to the closest bestbuy to pickup some smaller Christmas gifts and what was supposed to be a 60 mile round trip turned into 150 mile round trip! Stupid online inventory was not correct. Also was figuring that Temps wouldn't get below 47 but by the time I got home the bike was reading 38. Oh well. Need to look into some more heated gear i think. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Nothing at all today, But did get in a nice 77 mile loop of two lane roads around the house yesterday. It was a beautiful sunny 72 degrees, unbelievable for Dec in mid MO. But its back to normal today. Cold and rain all day. Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,471
Took the rear wheel off so I can get my new tire installed. Ordered my new rear tire (Bridgestone ExedraMax) from Bikebandit over a month ago and it still has not arrived. Drove to a new motorcycle shop in town, Baseline Motorsports, and got a new tire in three days!

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Merry Christmas all. No family get together as two out of three families have at least one person sick. So, although it was 28 degrees it was sunny so I took a loop around the country block here. Only 22.2 miles but it still felt good getting out. Now I gotta get to the dealer and have this “ambient” checked. Says it’s temp is low.
Ride safe all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Today I fitted the saddle bag guards which I received a few weeks ago from Charlie. I had them as a Christmas present from my better half so they had to stay in the box. Many thanks to Charlie, a quick turnaround and fast delivery from the US to the UK and a perfect fit View attachment 46308
Charlie does an excellent job and can't be thanked enough!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Today I fitted the saddle bag guards which I received a few weeks ago from Charlie. I had them as a Christmas present from my better half so they had to stay in the box. Many thanks to Charlie, a quick turnaround and fast delivery from the US to the UK and a perfect fit View attachment 46308
They are a beautiful piece of kit, aren't they?
Best wishes,
Bruce

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did a 80 mile ride today. It started out a little cool but got up to 40*F by the afternoon.

It was a great ride along 2 lane back roads under clear blue skies with only jet trails in it. I had my heated gloves and jacket on medium and seat on low and was very comfortable. I had two reasons to be out riding. I had installed a set of Grip Puppies a couple days to try out and my dog had an encounter with a skunk early this morning. I had to cover everything in the house with baking soda and let it air out today.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,480
I am going out for a ride today. I don't know where I will go, but that isn't what it is about. I am going for a ride. I am in Upstate SC in Anderson. I might head up to HWY 11, then to HWY25, then into Hendersonville NC. I might not. Who knows? It is currently 47 outside, the high is supposed to be around 50.

If you are out and about today let me know! If you got my phone number send me a note or a voice mail. Maybe we can see each other!

Peace,
Chris

3461 - 3480 of 3491 Posts