CTX 1300 Forum banner

3481 - 3500 of 3547 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
It was pretty nice today with a high of 40, so I decided to take the CTX out of the garage and give her a nice washing. Organized my spare gear that was stored in the saddlebags. Tomorrow is looking to be the pick of the week temperature wise so hoping to get her out for a nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a cover for the winter. It was on sale for 20$. Maybe I won't get the "ride her bug" if I don't see her...🤣🤣🤣😂 View attachment 46310
That looks like a non-porous rain cover, which is suitable for protecting your bike outdoors in inclement weather. For indoor storage, you really need a porous dust cover, which will not trap moisture and will do a much better job of protecting your baby in the garage.
-Bruce

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went out for a 4H 30Min ride though the countryside to the highest point in Windham County. The Mountain Laurel Sanctuary has a dirt/rock/sand/gravel/mud take your pick road that goes about 3/4 mile to the highest point. There's also an FAA tower of some sort there. I can now say i have gone off road with the CTX. She did better then expected as did i. Then it was over to a bike shop for some conversation and laughs, then back home the long way around. Cheers!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I went for a day ride yesterday - a 320 mile loop. The weather was supposed to be in the 80'sF everywhere - the coast, mountains and desert - so I picked the mountains and desert. Pulled out the summer mesh jacket and started my ride at 7am and it was 68F. The warmth was feeling good and it was only going to get better. Not so fast. At the bottom of Ortega Hwy (the local twisties) it turned to 45F and I spent 15 minutes gritting my teeth until I climbed out of the cold pocket. I headed to Borrego Springs via 79, a meandering 2 lane hwy though mountains and valleys, and S22, a super twistie road with solid rock on one side and beautiful views (steep cliffs) on the other. Ah, finally in the 80'sF. On the road from Borrego Springs to Salton Sea, with absolutely no civilization for miles in any direction, I came upon a sign (pictured) which I couldn't believe was there. A brand new sign even. So much can be said.
Well, onwards. I took a back road through date orchards and farmland and then headed up another super twistie road out of Palm Desert. Lunch at Paradise Valley Cafe, then I made my way back to Ortega Hwy for the final leg home. A great ride with only about a 5 mile stretch on a freeway, otherwise 2 lane roads.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Rode 25 miles to Brownsville for a haircut. Then wandered my way back via a nice road through the Laguna Atascosa Wildlife Refuge. About 85 miles for the total trip. Temps in the mid-70’sF and overcast.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I never have liked the OE bags on my 1300. Mainly because they are the clamshell style. Always getting something in the seam and even ended up cracking one hinge which I repaired. So today it wasn’t so much what I did with but more what I did FOR my bike. I ordered Viking Bags “ Viking Lamellar Extra Large Leather Covered Non-Shock Cut Out Saddlebags” item #51400
Reg $614.35 Sale $499.99 With Valentine Discount (VELOVE25) $374.99 + Shipping $24.99 TOTAL $399.98
This includes a non specific mounting hardware kit. So I’m sure I’ll have to play with them a bit. I’ll post pics when I get em on. Www.vikingbags.com

·
Registered
627 Posts
Managed a meager 37 miles this morning before church. Has been in the mid-30’s to low-40’sF since Friday afternoon. Tonight it’s supposed to be sub-freezing for 11 hours (low of 25*F) with freezing rain / sleet, and about the same tomorrow night. Small window this morning before the real drizzle and rain set in mid-afternoon. Still - riding temps of 36*F, 300’ ceiling with mist and drizzle, 98% humidity, and north winds at 18+mph. Definitely not my normal south Texas winter riding weather. Especially stringing 4 or 5 days in a row in the 30’s. Gear I had on was adequate, but hands got a little cold. Gonna need some electric gloves if I’m gonna keep doing this!

You ‘Yanks and Cannucks can have your crap weather back !!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I went for a day ride yesterday - a 320 mile loop. The weather was supposed to be in the 80'sF everywhere - the coast, mountains and desert - so I picked the mountains and desert. Pulled out the summer mesh jacket and started my ride at 7am and it was 68F. The warmth was feeling good and it was only going to get better. Not so fast. At the bottom of Ortega Hwy (the local twisties) it turned to 45F and I spent 15 minutes gritting my teeth until I climbed out of the cold pocket. I headed to Borrego Springs via 79, a meandering 2 lane hwy though mountains and valleys, and S22, a super twistie road with solid rock on one side and beautiful views (steep cliffs) on the other. Ah, finally in the 80'sF. On the road from Borrego Springs to Salton Sea, with absolutely no civilization for miles in any direction, I came upon a sign (pictured) which I couldn't believe was there. A brand new sign even. So much can be said.
Well, onwards. I took a back road through date orchards and farmland and then headed up another super twistie road out of Palm Desert. Lunch at Paradise Valley Cafe, then I made my way back to Ortega Hwy for the final leg home. A great ride with only about a 5 mile stretch on a freeway, otherwise 2 lane roads.

View attachment 46352
Looked up the route on Google Maps, looks like a lot of fun riding mate.

3481 - 3500 of 3547 Posts