CTX 1300 Forum banner

3521 - 3540 of 3546 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just heard back from the salesman at Yatch Club Powersports Osage Beach MO on the new Deluxe they have. I think they are crazy but they are asking $12,500 out the door. He tried to make it out as a great deal with the $17k list price. But when I mentioned tires again on a 7 year old bike and NADA and KBB pricing he didn’t want to talk anymore. Looks like I’ll be keeping what I have.
LOL. What on earth are they smoking?
-Bruce

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
472 Posts
I used POR-15 on Menosabe's hiway/light bars. Top coated with satin black epoxy paint. I pressed a M8 rivet nut to hold LED Aux driving lights. Removed the front plastic motor shield to refinish and repainted it.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sat down with my baby (my bike) and talked to her about doing a couple of 3 day weekend trips with her alone and maybe one with the wife and maybe trying an iron butt to key west in October. She said she might be up for some pleasure and pain...but we will see.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
472 Posts
I found that the stock footpegs after several hours of riding, would hurt the sole of my foot. I replaced the footpegs with a set from GL1800 (pre 2018). Direct bolt on and wider (about 1/2"). Significantly more comfortable!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
A friend who I used to teach MSF with lost his grand mother and mother within 4 mths. While cleaning out GM’s house he came across a hand stitched quilt top his GM made. It was falling apart. He knew I dabbled in quilts, I mean bike covers, so he brought it to me. A gal that quilts my bike covers repaired it all and quilted it for me. I did a 173 mile round trip to St. Charles MO today to give it to him and see his ass cry. Well worth the trip.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Took off the handlebar mounted mirrors. Now that I have freshly replaced stock mirrors (right and left). Went on a 290 mile ride today. Good to see clear, rear views without any vibration, unlike the handlebar mounted mirrors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Removed the left saddle bag by removing 2 - 6mm hex nuts. Cleaned the left side of the rear wheel for the first time in 3 years. Used Meguiar's wheel cleaner. Sprayed Meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer on the black plastic for a nice shine.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Got it a big southern loop from the house. South to St. James, south to Salem, southwest to Licking (a place my wife would not even consider looking for a house) then back north thru Rolla and Vichy and home. 128 miles in beautiful weather. Had to stop and take the liner out of my jacket when I saw it was 81 degrees. Now it's all black out with thunder and wind but no rain yet. Timing is everthing. Rides safe all.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
It was not today, but this last Friday I had an appointment to get my second Covid-19 vaccine but the only place I was about to book my first was on the other side of town, 50 miles to be exact. The temp out was around 55-57 deg. F (a bit cool for Arizona) and there was a slight chance of some light rain. I have been wanting so badly to get out and take a longer ride, so I went for it. I checked my tires for any issues, and they looked good, so I took my CTX 1300 to get my shot. I had on my long johns under my jeans and my riding jacket and gloves and I was on my way. I felt a bit chilly in my face and wrists but nothing too bad and when the sun poked out a few times it felt really good. I hit just a few sprinkles on my way there and enjoyed the ride. Coming back, I hit some rain and for a bit it was coming down pretty good. I was thinking of pulling under an overpass until it stopped, or to get my rain gear on but it was sporadic and did not last more than a few moments at a time. I put 100 miles on my bike for just about 500 since I got it just a few weeks back. Today I get my new tires and after that I will be riding a lot more. Planning a trip to Saguaro Lake or maybe even Payson this coming weekend. My CTX 1300 rides so much better now that I have adjusted the rear suspension. I am amazed at how much better it feels and can't wait to get more miles under my belt.

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
I put 100 miles on my bike for just about 500 since I got it just a few weeks back. Today I get my new tires and after that I will be riding a lot more. Planning a trip to Saguaro Lake or maybe even Payson this coming weekend. My CTX 1300 rides so much better now that I have adjusted the rear suspension. I am amazed at how much better it feels and can't wait to get more miles under my belt.

Thanks,
James
If you are interested...
Your miles on 2 or 3 wheels TRAVELED DURING 2021 (not...

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Got it a big southern loop from the house. South to St. James, south to Salem, southwest to Licking (a place my wife would not even consider looking for a house) then back north thru Rolla and Vichy and home. 128 miles in beautiful weather. Had to stop and take the liner out of my jacket when I saw it was 81 degrees. Now it's all black out with thunder and wind but no rain yet. Timing is everthing. Rides safe all.
I’ll say it again. One of these days we need to meet up. We are riding the same roads. Ha

Got out to Cuba the other day.
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Got in 183 round trip today. First stop a buddy’s house in St Peter’s to BS and catch up with GWRRA W2 crew at their maintenance day. Seems they are all installing “speed bleeders” which looks like a great idea. They don’t lists a CTX1300 on their website but they do the ST1300. Another thing to research. Then a different route home. West on 70 to the Truxton exit. South on B to 94 west to 19 thru Herman which was alive with tourists. A stop at Swiss Meat Co for a dozen brats then south to 50 and west to B again to Bland. Real good riding country. It’s crazy how many great m/c roads I live near. Ride safe all.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Rode over to Freeburg MO and Hinklemeyer's Honda and had a Mich 3 installed on the rear. First I saw one in person and just a little different tread pattern. My old Mich 2 wasn't completely shot but wouldn't have made it thru riding season into the fall. Checking records at home I got 9636 miles on this one and maybe could have gone 500-1000 more on it. I got 11,000 out of the previous Mich 2 and 7880 out of the original but can't remember what it was. Then a nice leisurely ride home to scuff it in. 118 round trip. Ride safe all.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Rode Wednesday to College Station, TX, to watch my son receive his Texas A&M Aggie ring. It’s a BIG deal at A&M. On the way up, made sure to hit State Hwy 390 between Burton and Independence. Very nice twisty, hilly, absolutely-gorgeous-scenery ride. Even has a one-lane high-arch underpass below a railway line! About 380 miles up Wednesday, and 395 miles back Thursday.

Have a pic of my son and daughter both showing off their Aggie rings, and a little photo op on Hwy 390. Lots of places with bluebonnets, as well. Glad I split when I did - had a hailstorm there Thursday evening. My wife’s rental car got a little damage from it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rode over to Freeburg MO and Hinklemeyer's Honda and had a Mich 3 installed on the rear. First I saw one in person and just a little different tread pattern. My old Mich 2 wasn't completely shot but wouldn't have made it thru riding season into the fall. Checking records at home I got 9636 miles on this one and maybe could have gone 500-1000 more on it. I got 11,000 out of the previous Mich 2 and 7880 out of the original but can't remember what it was. Then a nice leisurely ride home to scuff it in. 118 round trip. Ride safe all.
That is outstanding mileage for a rear tire! I currently have Bridgestones on my CTX, so we will see how they hold up. When replacement time comes, I would definitely consider Michelin. I have had good luck with them on past bikes.
Cheers,
Bruce

3521 - 3540 of 3546 Posts