CTX 1300 Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3586 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rode Wednesday to College Station, TX, to watch my son receive his Texas A&M Aggie ring. It’s a BIG deal at A&M. On the way up, made sure to hit State Hwy 390 between Burton and Independence. Very nice twisty, hilly, absolutely-gorgeous-scenery ride. Even has a one-lane high-arch underpass below a railway line! About 380 miles up Wednesday, and 395 miles back Thursday.

Have a pic of my son and daughter both showing off their Aggie rings, and a little photo op on Hwy 390. Lots of places with bluebonnets, as well. Glad I split when I did - had a hailstorm there Thursday evening. My wife’s rental car got a little damage from it. View attachment 46683 View attachment 46684
Nice ride! Congrats to both your son and daughter! Quite an achievement. 👍
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
277 Posts
Finally edited the 2nd day of my Round Tassie trip, a nice 360km ride with mates and a fellow CTX1300 rider.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Got in a short 23 mile ride to warm things up then changed the oil and filter. While I was in the mood I pulled that plastic cover that covers the coolant bottle. For the life of me I can't see thru that little slot and see if there is coolant present. With the cover off I would guess I lost 1/4 of a cup over the winter. Filled it. Then actually cleaned the front wheel which was filthy. I'll do the rear another day. I need a m/c lift this getting on the ground doesn't agree with the body no matter what the brain says. Ride safe all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a little ride up the Mountain behind Hobart Tasmania, lovely view from the top, 1270m above sea level or .789 miles. and down to 4 Degrees Celsius. Bike went well but I froze. Good to have the heated grips

·
Registered
5 Posts
New battery installed tonight.
Found out that the former owner made installation WAY easier by having one tab already broken off and was also missing one of the plastic fasteners. Removal of old battery from it's case was piece of cake, room to tip it back toward the seat area to then get a better grip on it to pull it out. Other tip is to slide in the battery nuts into their respective +/- housings after the battery is in the bike, the bolts with the new battery are long enough to start into them from there and pull them up tight even with the battery tender cables sucking up a little more room on top.
Less than 15 minutes for the whole procedure.

Found the battery from Amazon linked previously in the forum: $59.95 -About 8 days from placing order as most batteries ship ground. ThrottleX ADZ14S-AGM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, since my tank bag specific thread looks like it will never get approved, I added a tank bag to my CTX 1300 the other day. Details are in my never approved post, but it's attached to the fuel door via 4 bolts. It's mounted "backwards" so the it opens away from me while seated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I switched out the Honda tall windshield and installed the Puig. Had a nice 100 mile ride today to try it out. With the Puig I get a lot more bugs on the face shield and the fuel economy seems to be about 10% better. I'm going to keep it on this summer to see which one I like better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Added blind spot mirrors. These pivot up and down but not side to side. These should accomplish a couple of things: 1. Give me a wider view of what's behind/coming up next to me. 2. Occupy and make useful the space that is usually showing my knuckles/bar end, lol.

Picked them up from Auto Zone, packaging shown below for those that want to give them a try.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Put on my windshield extension and added my gear indicator then went on. 3.5 hr ride.

Windshield extension worked great, gear indicator never figured out the gears so when I got home I did the "official" procedure.

Hope to take the bike to dinner to see if the official programming worked on the gear indicator.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

3541 - 3560 of 3586 Posts