CTX 1300 Forum banner
3581 - 3600 of 3634 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Commando! But I’ve got a pair now. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
229 Posts
@Stlburd2 I like your non OEM saddlebags. How doe they compare to stock? brand?. And the more important part: how did you install them?

Rode to Branson MO for the MO State GWRRA State Rally yesterday with two Wing riding buddies. Cloudy most of the way till headed south from Springfield. Light rain, just enough to get good spray coming off cars and trucks. So glad I cleaned this bike. Let’s see what Wed brings. View attachment 46884

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
@Airhead78 the bags are Viking brand Lamallar Extra Large Leather Wrapped #51400. They added names since I purchased mine I believe it’s called Vale. Just don’t buy one with the shock cutout. They always have sales especially holidays. Mine were $499 and 25% off. Right at $400 delivered. I used the same brackets the original bags mount to but added two additional bolts. One thru a unthreaded hole in the org bracket and another to the rear with a short brace that came with the bags. They are a tad smaller but much more useful in that stuff don’t fall out when ya open them. Many styles available. I set them on boxes to find the look I liked Then marked the mount and holes to drill with chalk Then remove the mount drill one bag Then put it back to back to mark and drill the other

·
Registered
680 Posts
Way back HERE, I talked about replacing my battery. Today was that day. I decided on the
Banshee 14-BS

so let's get into it.

take the left lower cowl off
take the left upper plastic off
plenty oh room to work now

as previously mentioned, from the factory there is a spacer that is easily removable

battery comparison

test fit.. PLENTY of room in the box

a bit TOO much room for my liking.. so I scrounged around in the shed and found this old carpet square

cut up some spacers

put a couple on the bottom

the story continues....

·
Registered
680 Posts
a couple on the sides (carpet toward or away from the battery? I chose wrong I'm sure)

in this photo I figure out why the bike wont start

so I am button up things.. and then I notice.. and perhaps you did too early on..... what seems to be the outline of a cover of some sorts..

which is odd because the product page definitely says:

"A) True sealed and maintenance-free design, you'll never have to check or add electrolyte again, unlike conventional batteries which require periodic fluid checks. "

so I take the top strap off again, and I pry with a small screw driver...

and I find...

now it was very firmly on there so I didn't pry further.. and I really couldn't see down into the hole because acid + my eyes don't mix... so I put the cover back down.. any thoughts? Did they simply reuse a casing for a old style battery?

email to customer service being composed now. Bike is back together... time to ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
A lot of AGM (sealed) batteries have that cover. The idea is that it is charged, or fluid added to the fiberglass matting, at the factory and then that cover is put on. You should never have to remove it to add anything for the life of the battery. That's why it's flush with the top and not "caps" like on a wet cell battery.

BTW- if you look closely at the OEM battery almost the entire top is a cover similar to that narrow strip and can be pried off in similar fashion to reveal fill ports like you saw on your new battery. As long as that cover is "sealed closed" there is no loss of fluid and no need to add fluid.

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
@Airhead78 the bags are Viking brand Lamallar Extra Large Leather Wrapped #51400. They added names since I purchased mine I believe it’s called Vale. Just don’t buy one with the shock cutout. They always have sales especially holidays. Mine were $499 and 25% off. Right at $400 delivered. I used the same brackets the original bags mount to but added two additional bolts. One thru a unthreaded hole in the org bracket and another to the rear with a short brace that came with the bags. They are a tad smaller but much more useful in that stuff don’t fall out when ya open them. Many styles available. I set them on boxes to find the look I liked Then marked the mount and holes to drill with chalk Then remove the mount drill one bag Then put it back to back to mark and drill the other View attachment 46936 View attachment 46938 View attachment 46937
@Stlburd2 Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Got in 150 mile round trip from the house over to Rothchilds Restaurant in Washington MO for late breakfast/early lunch meeting a buddy from St Peters MO. He just had a knee replaced and also started dialysis about a month ago. So this was the first he felt strong enough to venture out on his F6B. All went well. Left in opposite directions. West on 100 for me, he back home. Pretty easy ride out thru Herman then Linn and back home. Although I'd never done that section of 100 west of Herman. Ready to go again tomorrow.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got in 150 mile round trip from the house over to Rothchilds Restaurant in Washington MO for late breakfast/early lunch meeting a buddy from St Peters MO. He just had a knee replaced and also started dialysis about a month ago. So this was the first he felt strong enough to venture out on his F6B. All went well. Left in opposite directions. West on 100 for me, he back home. Pretty easy ride out thru Herman then Linn and back home. Although I'd never done that section of 100 west of Herman. Ready to go again tomorrow.
A friend of mine has an F6B. Sweet bike!

3581 - 3600 of 3634 Posts