CTX 1300 Forum banner
3621 - 3634 of 3634 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Friday, 9/3 had to ride into work for a new badge. 45 miles of northbound I-95 in Northern Virginia, pretty nice except for noticing slow traffic southbound- bumper to bumper at 9am!

Solution: all back roads home, meandering along enjoying the ride. 93 miles and 2.5 hours later I was home. Highway would have taken 2 hours of clutching torture! I'm happy with my choice!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Sat 9/4- drove @100 miles to Williamsburg VA to be closer to Sunday's Ride Like a Pro VA class!

Today 9/5- drove 60 miles to Chesapeake VA for the class, which ran from 9am-2pm and was fantastic despite me not going as well as if hoped, but I got my certificate (3 of 5 of us did) and the information was terrifically useful! Gotta practice now! After class drove home @165 miles and avoided all highways, what a beautiful ride and a tiring day!

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Perfect day and weather in mid MO for a ride. Met a buddy on his F6B in Foristell and headed north on backroads to Louisiana MO. Cross their new bridge to a marina in ILL and lunch at a restaurant there called “Fatboys”. Then on to cross the ILL river by free ferry at Hardin. Then south along the Great River Road and back into MO at Alton. Hwy 94 across to 70 and Greg cut off at 79. I continue west to 19 south thru Herman, Owensville and home. 362 miles round trip.

·
Registered
664 Posts
FINALLY got to ride the bike for the first time in 45 days or so. Been too busy harvesting , but just about to wind it all up. My ride only took me to the local Honda dealer to install a new Shinko 009 Raven (that I have had several months!) and drain/fill the front forks. Prep underway for the “big ride” in 2 weeks!!!!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Rode @100 miles to Pasadena MD to MRP Motorsports and had then redo my forks with RaceTech Gold Valves and RaceTech 1.2kg Springs, then rode @100 miles home. Really impressed with MRP, they know their stuff and we're the closet RaceTech certified shop near me. I think RaceTech stuff is top notch! Shipping to/from CA for them to do it was too expensive and with the valving stack I preferred to have a pro do it. I did my C10 forks but that was pretty straightforward.

The front end feels much more solid! Bumps and such are still there but they don't try to rip the bars from my grip when I ride over one!

Combine the refreshed forks with new Progressive rear shocks and it's like a new bike all over again 👍

·
Registered
664 Posts
Brought her home from the shop with a new “shoe”!! Now - to check her over, clean her up (a little!), and start the packing process. Just a few more days ...
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
664 Posts
Gonna seem like it ... !!!! It WILL be at least 8 gas stops, ranging from 173 to 203 miles each leg.

Oh - and that’s just to GET THERE !!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Not an official BunBurner. Buns might be burnin’, though!! Current plan is to leave Tuesday morning with fuel stops (only stops?) at Victoria, Tx; Winnie, Tx; Grosse Tete, La; and overnight in Biloxi, Ms. That’d be 741 miles for the day. Wednesday would continue on to Greenville, Al; Fairburn, Ga; Spartanburg, SC; then arrive at Fancy Gap, Va. That’d be another 732 miles, total of 1,473. All on the “big roads”, wanting to get there fairly quickly w/o killing myself (figuratively!). Not up for another 28+ hours straight with no sleep, like last time. Coming home, my plan is to stay OFF the big roads. Current plan only adds 69 miles, but adds almost 7 hours to the return trip. If things are still running smoothly on the farm, then that’ll be my plan - 2-1/2 to 3 day return trip. If I gotta get back quicker, there’s a route a little farther north than my inbound trip that’ll take me on about 600 miles of different freeways, but time- and mileage-wise is almost identical. Hoping for the back roads, though!

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,632 ·
Not an official BunBurner. Buns might be burnin’, though!! Current plan is to leave Tuesday morning with fuel stops (only stops?) at Victoria, Tx; Winnie, Tx; Grosse Tete, La; and overnight in Biloxi, Ms. That’d be 741 miles for the day. Wednesday would continue on to Greenville, Al; Fairburn, Ga; Spartanburg, SC; then arrive at Fancy Gap, Va. That’d be another 732 miles, total of 1,473. All on the “big roads”, wanting to get there fairly quickly w/o killing myself (figuratively!). Not up for another 28+ hours straight with no sleep, like last time. Coming home, my plan is to stay OFF the big roads. Current plan only adds 69 miles, but adds almost 7 hours to the return trip. If things are still running smoothly on the farm, then that’ll be my plan - 2-1/2 to 3 day return trip. If I gotta get back quicker, there’s a route a little farther north than my inbound trip that’ll take me on about 600 miles of different freeways, but time- and mileage-wise is almost identical. Hoping for the back roads, though!
YOU ARE AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I thought (very briefly) about trading it. I just got back from a 3,500 mile ride. Was with a buddy who was on a 2010 goldwing for the first half of the trip. He just went on and on about his GW, he has a lot of storage, smooth ride, great wind protection, heated grips, cruise, etc, etc, etc. So today I went by the local Honda dealer. He has a white 2018 wing with DCT that is like brand new. He offered me $2K more for my CTX than I paid for it. So, I took the wing for a test ride. No thanks. I’m just a bit too tall to be comfortable on that bike. Plus, it didn’t put the smile on my face that my CTX does. Nice “stuff”, but not nice enough to make me switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Went over the bike top to bottom, front to back checking everything to head out to Fancy Gap. Washed and waxed, not sure why cause I know it will be a buggy mess after a few days on the road. C U all soon.

3621 - 3634 of 3634 Posts