CTX 1300 Forum banner
3641 - 3660 of 3663 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
No, you did see correctly. There was a new issue of the battery cover with slightly larger edge tabs to hold under where it meets with the middle cowl. And also a new mold of the middle cowl that included a slightly beefier tab, the one that is so famous for breaking just by looking at it. Don't know of any other changes to plastics.
Are there different part numbers, and any left in warehouses?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Troystg,
There are middle cowls listed on websites so I assume so, might see a color difference if your bike has seen lots of sun and but as good as it gets probably. Might ask your local dealer to match best web price. That way if they try to deliver old style or broken one they can return.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
513 Posts
I took right angle "mini" brackets (Amazon or your favorite hardware store) and epoxied them to support the plastic tabs. Does the trick in supporting the plastic.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
I was thinking I saw update part numbers. But I could be wrong. Usually places like Honda Parts Nation will show factory part numbers crossed out and another part number almost the same except for one number when there is a replacement or modification. Don't see that right now on Honda Parts Nation.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
With so many failures makes ya wonder it Honda would warranty all? Like a recall of those parts.
Did a quick oil/filter change after 6400 miles this summer. So far anyway. Rain in our forecasts.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Got in a 218 mile ride today. From Bland to St. Peter’s to hook up with a GoldWing group. Then I just played sheeple following the leader till our lunch stop in Washington MO. They headed back to St. Peter’s and I went home. 41 degrees when I left and 73 when I got home. A real nice day to ride in mid MO. First time I’ve been out since the Meetup. I needed it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Installed the goldwing adjustable clutch lever, flushed the clutch, changed oil to syn blend 10-40 and final drive to syn 75-90. Tried some Jay Leno's garage leather conditioner on the Corbin sure enriched the color, can't wait to do a longer test ride to see how it all performs. Update: flushed the brakes today. This retirement gig sure gives you lots of tinker time. 👨‍🔧

·
Registered
128 Posts
Installed an MRA X-Creen Tour bolt-on extension on my Honda tall. Love how it cuts down on the wind noise.
I bought the knock-off and results are good. With corbin standard the honda tall wasn't tall enough. With screen add in low position parallel with main screen I can now raise my hand and feel air pressure is just above head.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Decided to get some work done on bike and have been waiting a month for the parts to get in. I am not going to do myself I do not have the inclination to try myself and at that age that I would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do the work. At suggestion of dealer I just dropped it off so that when the parts finally show up they can get started on it. Decided to get rad flushed and while there get all hoses and thermostat replaced. So hopefully wont have rad hose fail 3 months after getting rad flushed like my truck did. While body panels off they also checking air filter. I also decided to get coils and wires replaced with plugs. reason is 7 years old and I am still working part time . Also oil and filter of course. Yes I am sure that it is totally unnecessary with this bike but who knows how long parts available for 2014 bike. I am 68 now so hopefully can be worry free for next 7-10 years of riding. And keeping removed parts they not broken and will keep just incase later need one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Decided to get some work done on bike and have been waiting a month for the parts to get in. I am not going to do myself I do not have the inclination to try myself and at that age that I would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do the work. At suggestion of dealer I just dropped it off so that when the parts finally show up they can get started on it. Decided to get rad flushed and while there get all hoses and thermostat replaced. So hopefully wont have rad hose fail 3 months after getting rad flushed like my truck did. While body panels off they also checking air filter. I also decided to get coils and wires replaced with plugs. reason is 7 years old and I am still working part time . Also oil and filter of course. Yes I am sure that it is totally unnecessary with this bike but who knows how long parts available for 2014 bike. I am 68 now so hopefully can be worry free for next 7-10 years of riding. And keeping removed parts they not broken and will keep just incase later need one.
Which dealer did you go to, Ed?
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Getting colder in mid MO with below freezing temps at night. I'm not ready for this. So after getting my 3rd shot, and nothing falling off in the car on the way home the temp got up to 52 and I had to get the bike out. Just a short ride around the block. Only 23 miles but a nice ride.

·
Registered
557 Posts
We will have to do better about going for a ride next season, Ed. I recently met Mike Alexander, a really nice guy from Ingersoll who has a blue CTX 1300. It would be fun if the three of us went for a scoot together.
that sounds like fun hoping we will have an early spring

3641 - 3660 of 3663 Posts