CTX 1300 Forum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3687 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Crazy weather here in Missouri. Got in 300+ mile day. Lots and lots of twisties. Temps in the 60s. Had to go out. Mostly in southeastern part of Mo. Stopped at the oldest covered bridge we have in Mo. Following a buddy on a BMW K1600GT. Well, I tried to keep him in site. I was a little out skilled and out biked. Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Got in a 100 mile loop from the house on 12/1. Hwy 50 to Beauford then south on 185 to Sullivan. Then west on old Rt 66 to St. James. I'm always amazed to think of how many people travelled this highway going west before I-44 moved in. Then north on Hwy 68 and home. Not a bad ride with 61 degrees leaving and 52 arriving home. Worst was driving into the afternoon sun. Stay safe all.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Another ride through Herman Mo, then over 94 to Jefferson City. A visit to Columbia Mo, then headed back. Went by Fulton Mo and by our lone nuclear plant. Then back on 94 along the Missouri River towards home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
Actually got to ride the CTX today!! Only like the 2nd or 3rd time since returning from the MITM in early October. Been crazy busy on the farm. Anyway, today’s ride was my initial ride with our “Kingdom Bikers” out of the Rio Hondo Baptist Church. Six bikes from RHBC joined up with about 40 others to deliver and distribute toys to two local impoverished elementary schools. Great to see the smiles on the little ones’ faces! Beth and I got in a 65-mile ride in 80*+F weather with south winds gusting to 35+mph. As a bonus - I finally cleaned the bike up from the Meetup!
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Cloud Sky Plant Automotive tire Asphalt

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
It’s 54 degrees already here in Bland MO so figured I’d get one more ride in this year while the weather is cooperating. Went to prep the bike only to discover maybe a tablespoon of coolant on the floor. I’ve had this happen before but normally on a cold day and letting it idle prior to a ride. Never before just sitting in the unheated garage. I’ll probably go ahead and ride and keep a eye on it. Normally it stops with a warm engine. I’m suspecting there is a water pump oil/water seal in my future. Anyone else experience this? How about the ST1300 group Bob?
Merry Christmas all.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
I have heard of various drips on many different bikes but not at all common normally. Check for where there might be a trail on the engine where this could be coming from. If under a drip tube then it's a non-issue but if a trail is left on the engine from somewhere that will clue you in where there may be a leak. I know there are also weep holes for some casings where they attach to the engine block but don't know it that is so on the CTX1300.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Thanks Bob. I’m pretty sure the tube is a drain from the water pump housing/cover. My mechanic, who I do trust, says he’s seen it before especially on Valkyries, which he owns himself.
I got my ride in, a 114 mile loop south thru St James to Salem then back up thru Rolla to Belle and Bland to the house. Stopped twice and not a drop one either time. Figured if it was gonna leak it would under pressure.
72 degrees but extremely windy with real strong gust. Wore me out.
I’ll have to watch the bike more as it sits.
Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
What did you do with your CTX1300 today?
Winter has hit here. Freezing temps coupled with rain.

Sat on my machine in the garage and made vroom vroom noises.

Wore my heated gear.

Next week, I'll pack a bag lunch too.

Got good gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Got a 40 mile loop around the country block in yesterday. It was still 57 when I left. I should have gone earlier as it cooled off pretty quick. At least the daylight is getting longer. Stay safe all.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Changed the front brake pads this morning and took a 40 mile ride to seat them. At 14000 miles the front right had 1 mm of pad left and front left had 2 mm left. Rear pads appear to have half of pad remaining. Great day for ride in the mid 70's but a little breezy.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
What did you do with your CTX1300 today?
Winter has hit here. Freezing temps coupled with rain.

Sat on my machine in the garage and made vroom vroom noises.

Wore my heated gear.

Next week, I'll pack a bag lunch too.

Got good gas mileage.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
At least you didn't have snow all over to deal with... but then I'm sure if you did you wouldn't have been attempting to do off-road riding with it.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
At least you didn't have snow all over to deal with... but then I'm sure if you did you wouldn't have been attempting to do off-road riding with it.
You got that right! I just have to do a little off-road to get to the pavement. And I didn't make it. :mad:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rode my first 32 miles of the new year today. I have been off the beast 8 weeks, for medical reasons, and it sure felt good to get back on and ride! My battery was low (I dont use a tender) and it wouldnt quite get her going, so I had to get out the charger/starter. Taking off the battery cover I was telling myself not to lose the plastic rivet I was so delicately pulling out. Lost it 😒. On the bright side, I didn't break a tab!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rode 72 miles today. Headed to Port Mansfield. Stopped at a town park to check out some “not-so-wildlife”. Temps in low 60’s*F, but winds at 30-35mph gusting to 50 made for an interesting ride in some areas.
Plant Hood Green Tree Grass

Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rode 72 miles today. Headed to Port Mansfield. Stopped at a town park to check out some “not-so-wildlife”. Temps in low 60’s*F, but winds at 30-35mph gusting to 50 made for an interesting ride in some areas. View attachment 47435
View attachment 47434
Glad to see you recovered from the Rona!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replaced the color panels on my saddle bags with new OEM ones from Cheap Cycle Parts.com
had scratches on both sides after minor tip overs and decided it was easier to replace than refinish
now it is time to repaint the old panels for the next oh oh

3661 - 3680 of 3687 Posts