CTX 1300 Forum banner
3761 - 3780 of 3811 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Gregory the Relive video is GPS speed so it was up there. I find the beast is very stable at these speeds even though our roads are not good. I will find the point on the video where I was doing this and note that I had both panniers full and a large bike bag sitting behind me for my 5 day ride. I do enjoy riding the beast hard and she loves it. Other bike riders are impressed by how well she keeps up with them.
128 kph would be my top comfort zone. Unfortunately, the police would not agree with me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
128 kph would be my top comfort zone. Unfortunately, the police would not agree with me.
The officer who pulled me over and booked me for 131kph on a single lane road was not impressed either, lucky for me i was slowing down when he pinged me .

• Wow
Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
293 Posts
Day 2 of the Round Tassie ride with the three mighty CTX1300 showing the way.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The officer who pulled me over and booked me for 131kph on a single lane road was not impressed either, lucky for me i was slowing down when he pinged me .
Did you have any words of witt for him?
Like, I'm glad you stopped. I've been chasing you for miles!
Or, do I get a discount for stopping?
Sorry officer, but I think your radar is a little off. I'm sure my bike does better than that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Update on my cruise control install. I did have to go back in and fix the cable interface unit, I messed it up somehow, after an email, Tony from MCCruise called had me do a test on the servo unit. The test failed that's how we knew the cable unit was messed up. Following day, I fixed that, and he called me back on Sunday am. his time went through the set up and all was good. The customer service is great.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
After only 35 days in the shop my coolant leak from the water pump housing is fixed. The majority of that time it sat waiting on a front cover gasket. So if you notice coolant from that drain hose (or oil) order your parts well ahead of time BEFORE ya tear it apart. Mid MO has storms/showers off and on all day but I made it into the garage with two min to spare. But it was windy. Stay safe all.
Road surface Asphalt Wood Rectangle Grey

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
After only 35 days in the shop my coolant leak from the water pump housing is fixed. The majority of that time it sat waiting on a front cover gasket. So if you notice coolant from that drain hose (or oil) order your parts well ahead of time BEFORE ya tear it apart. Mid MO has storms/showers off and on all day but I made it into the garage with two min to spare. But it was windy. Stay safe all. View attachment 47826
View attachment 47825
35 days!! Your little red horse must have been kicking at the stable door to get out and ride. Is that an old Willie's in there?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
35 days!! Your little red horse must have been kicking at the stable door to get out and ride. Is that an old Willie's in there?
Yes a 48 Willys Panel Wagon or Delivery depending who ya ask. Chevy 350/Chevy 4spd auto, Mustang II front and rear susp. Built about 12 yrs ago by a guy in Oregon. I got it about two weeks ago. We are both 1948 but it has a lot more new stuff in/on it. LOL Just hoping the CTX doesn't get jealous and act up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Returned from an 8-day solo trip departing from and returning from near Houston and visiting 4 National Parks: White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe mountains and Bid Bend. Covered close to 2200 miles. Great trip. Side winds 5 of the 8 days, one of them quite strong. Bike behaved superbly, not an issue with it. If I have time, I will do a longer write up as I used a new darkside tire (Hankook Ventus).

·
Registered
373 Posts
For a bike that is not supposed to be able to lean, that front tire sure looks like it got some wear way up the shoulder...

Changing front tires and put on the floor boards for the wife.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
Oh, this bike is able to lean. Not as much as other bikes like sport touring class but it can lean more than you think. I've scraped pegs many times on my CTX1300 and put some wear farther over on the sides than that. Wore off those last nubs on the sides but did leave just a little chicken strip.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh, this bike is able to lean. Not as much as other bikes like sport touring class but it can lean more than you think. I've scraped pegs many times on my CTX1300 and put some wear farther over on the sides than that. Wore off those last nubs on the sides but did leave just a little chicken strip.
The dark side tire... They aren't supposed to be able to lean..

I'm sorta surprised the pegs are holding up as well as they are.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went for a 280 mile ride in the Bernardsville, Burnsville, and Bakersville area of western NC. The main target of the ride was NC197. I had seen video of it before but had never ridden it. There is a section of switchback curves that are so tight I was in first gear going up. From the top you can see every curve. What I didn't expect was after cresting the top of the mountain the road changed to gravel for about 5 miles. I also rode the NC80 from Marion to Bakersville and NC226A(Diamondback) with a stop at the Little Switzerland Trading Co.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Plant Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
373 Posts
Went for a 280 mile ride in the Bernardsville, Burnsville, and Bakersville area of western NC. The main target of the ride was NC197. I had seen video of it before but had never ridden it. There is a section of switchback curves that are so tight I was in first gear going up. From the top you can see every curve. What I didn't expect was after cresting the top of the mountain the road changed to gravel for about 5 miles. I also rode the NC80 from Marion to Bakersville and NC226A(Diamondback) with a stop at the Little Switzerland Trading Co. View attachment 47846
View attachment 47845
View attachment 47847
Was that by "the hawks nest"? Kevin and I were in Marion NC last month and hit a tight windy road up to the hawks nest area and packed gravel down the other side..

This is one of the waterfalls (springs) from the gravel side.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was that by "the hawks nest"? Kevin and I were in Marion NC last month and hit a tight windy road up to the hawks nest area and packed gravel down the other side..

This is one of the waterfalls (springs) from the gravel side.

Hi Troy. No. I don't think so. It is close to Marion. It is south of Burnsville on NC197. The switchbacks look like a race course. The grass is mowed with just a few trees mixed in. There are videos of it on Youtube.

3761 - 3780 of 3811 Posts