CTX 1300 Forum banner
3801 - 3811 of 3811 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
I'm now the same age and am finding the same thing. Several years ago, just after I bought my CTX, I rode 660 miles to a camp event in one day and wanted to keep going if not for having to set up a tent before sunset. Now I get tired going anything over 400 miles and I can now see that after a few more years I'll have to limit my day to 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Left Cortez CO and the SW Meetup Sunday morning. Got in 424 miles dodging rain clouds and arguing about it with Ms GPS. Landed in Kit Carson City (smaller that Bland I think) without getting wet. Took off this morning and got in 432 to Topeka KS again a dry day. Yippeeeeeeeeee
Dry is nice. EVERY time we leave for a trip across US58 in Virginia, it pours and we grab the first hotel. Once we just made the hotel before the sky opened and I told the clerk, I get cranky when my diaper gets wet. She got a kick outta that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got home today about 2:30 from the SW Meetup in Cortez CO. Great time. 3109 round trip including three days of riding there. Now to clean the 4739 bugs off the bike. Check the SW Meetup thread for pics.
Ride safe all.
Sounds like you had a great trip Stan. Bugs are better than rain. You have had your share of rain coming and going from several past "Meetups".

3801 - 3811 of 3811 Posts