CTX 1300 Forum banner
3821 - 3840 of 3852 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
I RODE IT TODAY is what I did! First time since May 12th, when we got back from the Three Sisters. Cranked over fine, but had to coax it to life with a little throttle (something I have never had to do). Was near empty, so rode into Harlingen to treat it to its first tankful of non-ethanol 89 octane fuel. Then rode around the countryside looking at other farmers’ progress on the cotton harvest. Once back to the garage, removed my weatherproof 12V outlet to be installed on the F3-S, after I come up with a suitable bracket. After 3 months / 1,600 miles on a 3-wheeler, was a little strange the first couple minutes on a 2-wheeler. Handlebars are narrower, foot pegs shorter, gear shifter on a different angle, clutch feel much lighter ... Just glad I remembered to put my feet down at stops!! Still really love this bike!!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I RODE IT TODAY is what I did! First time since May 12th, when we got back from the Three Sisters. Cranked over fine, but had to coax it to life with a little throttle (something I have never had to do). Was near empty, so rode into Harlingen to treat it to its first tankful of non-ethanol 89 octane fuel. Then rode around the countryside looking at other farmers’ progress on the cotton harvest. Once back to the garage, removed my weatherproof 12V outlet to be installed on the F3-S, after I come up with a suitable bracket. After 3 months / 1,600 miles on a 3-wheeler, was a little strange the first couple minutes on a 2-wheeler. Handlebars are narrower, foot pegs shorter, gear shifter on a different angle, clutch feel much lighter ... Just glad I remembered to put my feet down at stops!! Still really love this bike!!
I imagine the gas was a little stale, sitting all that time. Admit it, you want to keep it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Today CTXRIDER44 and I did a 464 mile loop in 11.5 hours. A little rain, a lot of beautiful day and sun, some wonderful roads and NO interstate.

A thoroughly wonderful day of riding..

Cleaned up the bike and had dinner with a wonderful wife.. Yes mine.. LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Since all of my car groups have one I am creating one for our CTX's.

Just a big long thread of random things people did on/to their bike and want to share.

Today CTXRIDER44 and I did a 464 mile loop in 11.5 hours. A little rain, a lot of beautiful day and sun, some wonderful roads and NO interstate.

A thoroughly wonderful day of riding..

Cleaned up the bike and had dinner with a wonderful wife.. Yes mine.. LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Quite a ride.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Not a problem here in the south! A 10 minute evening ride and you are covered with bugs...
It's not like that here anymore. There was a time when the rural roads were covered with toads at night. You couldn't avoid them and heard them popping under your tires. Thanks to pesticides used for farming, the eco system is nothing what it was. Unfortunately, pesticides are necessary for good crop yields. I would speculate anyone under the age of forty has no idea how much wildlife has disappeared, because they haven't seen what it was like.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well I see this thread has gone silent. Technically didn't do anything to it, but bought some accessories for upcoming tour.

I already have the SAE for battery charging and my phone holder has a USB but wanting some spare connections.

The cigarette style is for my new lithium battery tire inflator that can run on straight 12v if I forgot to recharge. It also will charge on usb so I'm now good if I want to charge on the roll. Or if my phone holder usb quits I'm covered. 7 days to launch

Composite material Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Wire

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Got in a 135 mile round trip to Lake of the Ozarks BikeFest yesterday. It was the first day of the event, which runs thru Sunday, so a number of vendors/demo rides were completing setting up along the "strip" where it's held. Maybe 100-150 bikes of all descriptions parked along the strips stores/bars/restaurants. But going home I know I passed at least 40 or so going down. I'm sure it will be in the thousands since they expanded with vendor/mfg sponsors this year.
But in it's infinite wisdom, MODOT (MO highway dept) decided to cut grass all along MO Hwy 42 one of the main routes in/out of the area and a great M/C road. They had one section looking like a hay field freshly cut ready to rake and bale. I complained to MOSHP and MODOT when I got home. A terrible time to cut with so many bikes headed that way. Can't fix stupid. Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Got in a 135 mile round trip to Lake of the Ozarks BikeFest yesterday. It was the first day of the event, which runs thru Sunday, so a number of vendors/demo rides were completing setting up along the "strip" where it's held. Maybe 100-150 bikes of all descriptions parked along the strips stores/bars/restaurants. But going home I know I passed at least 40 or so going down. I'm sure it will be in the thousands since they expanded with vendor/mfg sponsors this year.
But in it's infinite wisdom, MODOT (MO highway dept) decided to cut grass all along MO Hwy 42 one of the main routes in/out of the area and a great M/C road. They had one section looking like a hay field freshly cut ready to rake and bale. I complained to MOSHP and MODOT when I got home. A terrible time to cut with so many bikes headed that way. Can't fix stupid. Ride safe all.
Is it possibly illegal to throw grass on the road? It's certainly dangerous and possibly liable for causing an accident? Around here you can be fined if your dragging mud out of your driveway and onto the road.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's not like that here anymore. There was a time when the rural roads were covered with toads at night. You couldn't avoid them and heard them popping under your tires. Thanks to pesticides used for farming, the eco system is nothing what it was. Unfortunately, pesticides are necessary for good crop yields. I would speculate anyone under the age of forty has no idea how much wildlife has disappeared, because they haven't seen what it was like.
Ironically, I have seen and heard more animals in my neck of the woods than ever before. We now have bears, Coyote, turkeys, there was a bobcat spotted on the Gateway clipper (a paddle wheel boat downtown Pittsburgh) along with the compulsory deer and vermin. I had a quail living under my deck...all this, and I'm in the 'burbs, sort of (my particular house has a lot of dense wooded area).
As a kid in the 70's here, there was hardly anything, except maybe birds. The huge population of deer make for a very wary night ride!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Ironically, I have seen and heard more animals in my neck of the woods than ever before. We now have bears, Coyote, turkeys, there was a bobcat spotted on the Gateway clipper (a paddle wheel boat downtown Pittsburgh) along with the compulsory deer and vermin. I had a quail living under my deck...all this, and I'm in the 'burbs, sort of (my particular house has a lot of dense wooded area).
As a kid in the 70's here, there was hardly anything, except maybe birds. The huge population of deer make for a very wary night ride!
I haven't heard a quail in decades. They used to be everywhere. We had a nasty 100 year flood in '89 and some think the nests got flooded out and they never recovered.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Went to Delmarva Bike Week today. I seemed to be the only CTX in a lot of mostly Harleys. I guess that makes me the rebel?
View attachment 48301
And to avoid a patent dispute with @fbnewell1 I put a little extra tape striping on the sides.
Lol.... that's ok, I really want to put the yellow wheel tape on my bluenicorn, but will order a different pattern...lol I also just ordered Monster reflective decals, to avoid the copyright infringement.... 🤣

3821 - 3840 of 3852 Posts