CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I thought I would start a thread to talk about what we like or dislike about the forum. I have only good things to say. The site has a lot of useful information and the users can be quite helpful in answering questions. They also are great to have pretty in depth discussion with. It's been a great time.

I thought that by saying what we like or don't like about the forum we can help to improve and strengthen the forum.

What do you like about the forum and what could use some work?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
A chat box. They are great for just general chat that you don't want or need to be part of a permanent post. Just talk to those online or that have been online in the last day or so.
Most understand this from other forums, but we do have some new to forums.
Makes it easy to do shout outs for a happy birthday, welcome back, etc.

· Registered
143 Posts
For me, these Forum's are fantastic! When this bike was introduced, it had owners with the good/bad/ugly about the bike, and the support from the members with a technical issue is very good.

Compared to other forum's, I think the layout is good, the recent discussions panel is a quick glance place to take you on topics that may be of interest. I find the search feature to be above average from my Yamaha Bolt forum.

Funny...most of these motorcycle sites have BIG discussions about oil, the viscosity, and petroleum based Vs. synthetic and they get quite lengthy. I haven't seen as much on this site, and that is a good thing since clean oil is the key, keep it fresh and it all works as advanced motor oils are soooo good for the engines anymore.

· Registered
117 Posts
very informative and great for important info . May actually buy rear mirrors, commander, and do some mods based on this list.
looking forward to future tire choices/options .
still have my deer whistles though <smirk> :)

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Member directory.....with location
Need to be able to search for members along a my vacation routes to met up for a chat
OR nearby for a Saturday ride.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
@sleepngbear,
A directory listing members sorted by user name,
Search/Filter option(s) for user name(partial), Location(state/country), or Real Name.
Maybe Join Date for checking out newest members.
I do understand that searches will not always come back specific due to cases such as LA for Los Angeles may also return LA for Louisiana (Ca for Canada VS Ca for California). But it would narrow the list to look through of those members who include such information. Sortable may be preferred by some so grouping of locations (i.e. Los Angeles VS LA) would be grouped together without further searching, but only scrolling.
Just ideas. Some forums have maps that show clickable user pins(on Google or Bing) that members have the option to add.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
[MENTION=489]... Just ideas. Some forums have maps that show clickable user pins(on Google or Bing) that members have the option to add.
Good ideas there. A while ago a few people requested a member map, but those are usually plug-ins, and the admins weren't able to find one that would work with this forum software version. I'll look around and ask about a member directory. It may be something that each member would have to opt-in to for privacy concerns, but let's see what we can dig up. ;)

· Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,126 Posts
I recall the Honda Fury group creating something similar to this a while back. It took the form of a map. Each member elected to input his or her location (city and state) on the map. Members could review the map and see who was in a geographic area, then PM those individuals.

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Excellent information on this forum for newbies [me] to this motorcycle.

• Useful for making the decision to buy.
  • Useful for adding farkles.
  • Useful for maintenance.
Just plain useful.

Just a reminder to all concerned. It ain't the software. It's the members that make this forum what is is...useful!

· Registered
2,179 Posts
I recall the Honda Fury group creating something similar to this a while back. It took the form of a map. Each member elected to input his or her location (city and state) on the map. Members could review the map and see who was in a geographic area, then PM those individuals.
It definitely would be a cool feature. But unfortunately a lot of what they can do depends on the version of forum software that's being used. We've inquired about a member map a few times with the admins, and they've looked into it but so far have been unable to dig up a map plug-in that works with our forum software.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Well...there's this https://www.zeemaps.com/ If a member wants to create that map I can work the link into the system.

KN
Well, a member did create that map and links for members to add their location/pin on it. Can this link be worked into the system?
(see the sticky in General Discussion)

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Thanks for sending that over. Where would you prefer seeing the link? Beside Insurance or under the Tools Tab?

~Sheena
Unable to look right now. I'm at work and now blocked from the website in my laptop after new security measures were added. (Says the forum is an uncategorized URL). Will look tonight. Or if one of the others wants to chime in with a preference.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.