CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I've been looking for a new ATF bike to replace my old Valkyrie. Vstrom, HD Street Glide, F6B (no cruise %^*€*%# honda engineers), BMW R1200GS, Kawasaki Concours were all on the list.

Now Honda has this great looking, right sized CTX1300 (with no cruise again). I'll have to sit on one and read a detalied review in Rider Magizine.

Clouded Thoughts again!!!

BTW: does anyone know how to email a real person at Honda to give them an ear full on how they feature out their bikes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Several of us VTX1800 riders wired up an Audiovox CCS100 car cruise control on our bikes. Works like a charm. Built a small vacuum canister for it, set the control to set speed based on the engine ignition pulses, hooked the throttle wire up. It keeps the speed steady up and down hills, etc. Clicks off when you hit the brakes, etc. There are write-ups on the VTXOA.com site. Do a search within the discussion threads. I hope I can do this again if I ever get a CTX1300.

·
Registered
212 Posts
any photos of your Valk?

I've never really felt a need for cruise control. Even on my car. Maybe its the way I ride or drive. I like moving around and changing my speed. I'd just fall asleep if I left it on cruise and stayed in one lane for too long.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The main use for cruise control is to keep you from getting tickets on the interstate. Without cruise control all it takes is a minute of inattention and you're doing 80 mph.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The main use for cruise control is to keep you from getting tickets on the interstate. Without cruise control all it takes is a minute of inattention and you're doing 80 mph.
80 is a good speed for the interstate ... prevents you from getting run over! Now when you're doing "triple digits," now THAT could be a problem!

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
My interest in the CTX1300 is due to looking ahead at when my current ST1100 needs to be replaced (it's 16 years old now)... or when I just feel I want to replace it. May be sooner than later :)
I looked at the ST1300 but the wheel base was too short and the ride, though comfortable in other ways, was too twitchy for me. That's a performance sport touring bike that leans toward sport. My ST1100 is similar but leans toward touring, more my kind of riding. I like the F6B and GW but those are bigger than I want. Had a GL1500 and sold it due to that reason, mostly. Like this size and the low CG indicated for the CTX1300. Like the seating position from what I can tell from photos. Cannot ride long with forward foot controls nor with sport bike way back foot controls so need the standard or ST seating (between my hands and my seat).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts