CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Absolutely and I would buy another one maybe I will before they all go away
Seriously? BECAUSE I would sell mine for what I owe: $4300. 2014 purchased 1/2 price out-of-the-crate in June 2018. Standard with Gloss Black, tour pack mount, Menosabe guards, 10,902 currenty in the clock. Never dropped, gargaged when not riding, covered when parked at work. Used mostly for commuting in the Colorado Front Range, getting through tourist traffic w/o getting "flipped-off" and a change of pace from my H-D. I considered buying one in 2014 but 17K seemd a lot for a Honda that was not an F6 and "seemed" like an experimental model. 4 years later, I made a "blind purchase/trade-in" after I remembered my days of riding a '97 V-4 Magna Deluxe which I had rejetted , had high flow exhaust, then dealership "tuned" and dynoed at 76.9 HP. The throttle on the Magna was "touchy" but with a cable actuated clutch, was nowhere as "revvy" as a CTX. My CTX had a front fork seal leak last spring in-which the local metric dealer replaced both of them and replentished the fluid. Somehow the front suspension felt better after that. This, and that I am almost through my 2nd rear tire, I have had no issues other than the idiosyncrocies we are all familiar with. Not looking to make profit (at this point) and growing weary of the quirks in this otherwise well running motorcycle. Yeah, mine catches the eye of bystanders, too. A big, grey beared guy came running over to me at the gas station, said he "worked on Hondas for 20 years and was "this" the new chopped down Gold Wing?". If only, because, someone might buy a lightly used one of those.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am beginning to think this is Honda's biggest Folly ... rear tire that nobody likes the tire size very rare could leave you possibly hanging on the side of the highway somewhere with a 3 day wait for a overnight Shipment..... A useless windshield that you have to buy a OEM replacement for.....No center stand on a bike that absolutely needs one for maintenance...... mirrors that are absolutely useless and probably the poorest design I've ever seen not to mention dangerous.... for a $15,999 price tag base model not even a gearshift indicator how expensive would of that been ...please.... no heated grips on a long distance cruiser are you kidding me....One key that came with my bike and they want to charge you $60 bucks for a new blank...... a frontend that chatters like **** when you go over any bump that in my mind is considered average..... no tail rack of any kind no way to strap down anything without purchasing a $200 OEM tail rack all these options should have been standard on a 15 or $16,000 dollar bike shame on you Honda ...Honda has been making motorcycles for ever if it wasn't for this motor and drivetrain I would've never considered this bike from the beginning I had a ST 1300 ....I can see why these bikes are selling for six grand now new leftovers ....they are definitely hondas White Elephant wake up Honda you're better than this...... did I mention I like the riding position on this bike and that sweet motor ...have a great day OK bring on the criticism I have big shoulders I am a ex marine
I got lucky with my red deluxe. The first owner had every option installed on it and then he put 2700 miles on it and sold it to me for $9,300.00 after keeping it a year. He had other motorcycles as well. He paid over $19,000 for it. It does have the factory hand grip warmers on it and they are great!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts