CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anxious to see the chrome valve covers, engine shroud and windshield garnish that Honda is coming out with for these babies! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honestly, I'm not a fan of chrome... and am kind of glad it comes stock how it is :p Now just need to do something about those exhaust covers <_<

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
It is good to have options. I think the chrome pipes that come on it are enough. I don't usually go for chrome accents but these pipes do make it look real pretty. Don't think I'll be needing any more though. My GW was the last bike I had that did have a little bit of chrome on it but none after that until now. Everyone is different... make your bike uniquely yours!
:D

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the chrome pipes look great in contrast to the black parts of the bike. If you are going for looks, a black Deluxe with some extra chrome at strategic locations could be great.

My bikes are always dirty from riding in bad places and bad weather. Dirty chrome stands out, so I like to keep it minimized. My general philosophy is that if the weather is good enough to be washing the bike, it's good enough to go for a ride.

My Dad used to spend a lot of time keeping the chrome shiny on his ElectraGlides. The black ones looked really nice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just remember: Chrome won't get you home.

I also am a member of the "less chrome = better" group. I'd rather have something powder coated, or another high durability coating that doesn't need to be polished like chrome does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts