CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,996 Posts
The MRA X-creen Tour definitely looks like a sturdy, well made option. I looked at some reviews of knock-offs on Amazon and other sites and see frequent complaints of the plastic attachments breaking and wobbling of the shield at highway speed. That said, the MRA is quite pricey, especially compared to a full windshield Gustafsson replacement. I am considering one of the Amazon knock-offs for $50 just to see what the air flow change will be.
Knock-offs can be questionable quality. For many of those the saying is true that you get what you pay for. I haven't read any complaints about the official MRA mountings having a problem but I have read those complaints about the knock-off stuff.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 1300
12 Posts
Hear you on that ..still quite a cost difference if I don't like it. .maybe have to see if I can find someone around who has one and try their bike. I'm still leaning to go with the full Gustafsson extended version vs an add on... especially after reading a few reviews on the knock off extenders flying off into the rider.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Hear you on that ..still quite a cost difference if I don't like it. .maybe have to see if I can find someone around who has one and try their bike. I'm still leaning to go with the full Gustafsson extended version vs an add on... especially after reading a few reviews on the knock off extenders flying off into the rider.
Gives new meaning to knock off, your motorcycle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the 22" the standard model on their website with an exposed windshield height of 15", or do you have a 22" exposed height which would have been a special order I am assuming?
You are correct, the listed size for the CTX 1300 on the Gustafsson website is 15" above the rubber at the base. The standard Gustafsson offered windshield also has two open vents like the Honda tall screen for the 1300. However, when I ordered mine the contact person there was very helpful. There are options available. Get it with or without the vents. Get it with the Goldwing style vents, or get it at different heights. I opted for the 22" height to meet my needs. I elected to keep the standard vents. Like on an aircraft wing, the Bernoulli principle (Google it.), the high-low pressure affect pushes the air up on the back of the wind screen, and it does not blow directly in the face of the rider.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You are correct, the listed size for the CTX 1300 on the Gustafsson website is 15" above the rubber at the base. The standard Gustafsson offered windshield also has two open vents like the Honda tall screen for the 1300. However, when I ordered mine the contact person there was very helpful. There are options available. Get it with or without the vents. Get it with the Goldwing style vents, or get it at different heights. I opted for the 22" height to meet my needs. I elected to keep the standard vents. Like on an aircraft wing, the Bernoulli principle (Google it.), the high-low pressure affect pushes the air up on the back of the wind screen, and it does not blow directly in the face of the rider.
I ordered the Gustafsson smoked without the vents. Great protection, BUT a wee bit to tall for me at 69 inches. Excellent when going down the interstate. The height of the windshield is a distraction for me when riding the backroads because I have to look through the windshield.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 1300
12 Posts
I ordered the Gustafsson smoked without the vents. Great protection, BUT a wee bit to tall for me at 69 inches. Excellent when going down the interstate. The height of the windshield is a distraction for me when riding the backroads because I have to look through the windshield.
Thinking 69 inches is a typo error..did you mean 29?? ...or you standing on the saddle :D

·
Registered
2014 CTX 1300
12 Posts
Thanks Bob..sounds like the way I will go

21 - 29 of 29 Posts