CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a similar thread somewhere but wasn't able to catch up to it. You are gifted any motorcycle of your choice (free of charge). What would you choose and why? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No takers? Extreme brand loyalty, out riding, or still shakin off that Thanksgiving diner? No plans to jump ship here. Just passin the time on a dreary winter day.:smile:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'd like to add a small cruiser to my garage. Maybe a Kawasaki Vulcan S.

I can't justify the cost when I already have three bikes. But if it were free...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have read you question last night. Got me thinking ( which is a problem anyway) . Also this question is asked frequently on my favorite motorcycle podcast, and for the last 3 years , every week it is a different bike. One bike keeps coming back for sure. It is the ARCH METHOD 143. It’s a bike produced by ARCH motorcycle company part owned by the movie actor Keanu Reeves. It is a limited production bike. Comes with a S&S V Twin 143 cubic inch engine ( 2343 cubic centimeters ), 170 HP and 200 pounds of torque. They will only make 23 units. You can read about the bike on the ARCH Motorcycle company web site. This is Unobtainable bike for my self. I got a whole list of bikes (changes frequently) of the dream bike garage. But that is a much longer post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,394 Posts
For FREE, probably the Honda 2020 Gold Wing DCT (non-tour). But then I'd ride it only a few years at most and then think to sell it. Not really interested in keeping anything bigger or heavier than what I now have.

·
Registered
168 Posts
@bigdaddy2036 . Wow that Moto Guzzi is a great looking bike. Also like our CTX 1300 value vise . I see on CycleTrader New is 21000, there is couple of them for 11-12000 old new stock 2017.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the ARCH METHOD 143. It’s a bike produced by ARCH motorcycle company part owned by the movie actor Keanu Reeves. It is a limited production bike. Comes with a S&S V Twin 143 cubic inch engine ( 2343 cubic centimeters ), 170 HP and 200 pounds of torque.
Recall reading about Keanu/ ARCH. Definitely a serious machine. If we are going to dream, dream big.:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For FREE, probably the Honda 2020 Gold Wing DCT (non-tour). But then I'd ride it only a few years at most and then think to sell it. Not really interested in keeping anything bigger or heavier than what I now have.
Considered the Wing or the 2020 Triumph Rocket. Agree totally on the bigger/ heavier thing. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
49 Posts
In keeping with the V-4 theme around here, I want a Yamaha RZ500.

Reactions: Illinois

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would like a Moto Guzzi V7 Milano or a Triumph Bonny Scrambler. Small(er) naked twins that I could throw around the turns, slide around on some dirt roads, and learn to do wheelies :eek:(I wont be 60 much longer!).

·
Registered
796 Posts
Try a third gen 750 Magna V4 instead. I’ve owned one for 12 years and still love riding it on the twisties and it has a lot more power as well...and to add to all that, it’s a Honda! It is also a V4. You can pick a good one up for around $2,500-3,500.00. Great machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would go with a new Gold Wing with no DCT. I like the "hill assist" feature.... ever been through San Francisco :)
BUT... the gold wing looses the word "sport" and I like the "sport" part.
The CTX1300's just need one more gear to bring rpm's around 2200 and a "cruise control"

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would have to choose the Triumph Rocket III, it is a big heavy bike but would need forward controls on it. 2017-2020 preferable. Go big or dont bother. Coming back to reality, the ctx is a good comfortable bike, I miss power tho.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I like creature comforts and I like reliability. It would be the 2020 Wing for me if cost were no issue of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BMW K1600B. Fell in love with the sound of the CBX as a kid & the k1600 is almost there, right there with a Remus refit. Looks great & totally tourable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts