CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm done for the year... 8000 for the year...(rounded up).
With a good wash, covered and charging... it's time to put her up and plan next years trips.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm done for the year... 8000 for the year...(rounded up).
With a good wash, covered and charging... it's time to put her up and plan next years trips.
Don't forget to put your miles in the list that is linked to in the first post of this thread! I haven't seen anything there yet for @Ctxrider44 .
Feel free to add your information on the first blank row and I will sort the list by miles.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,117 Posts
Ok,

I ride a lot (like many of us here). I am just now seeing this!!

So, I am going to just start with my new BMW since I sold the CTX. I purchased my BMW in late April (2021) with 9,000 miles. It has 16,170 as of this morning. I will add my information to the spreadsheet. I also ride a 2014 Honda CB1100. I have no clue how many miles I have done on that bike this year.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, I am going to just start with my new BMW since I sold the CTX. I purchased my BMW in late April (2021) with 9,000 miles. It has 16,170 as of this morning. I will add my information to the spreadsheet. I also ride a 2014 Honda CB1100. I have no clue how many miles I have done on that bike this year.
Do you know how many miles you've done on the CTX this year? Do include those. This list isn't restricted to just one bike but rather how many miles you have ridden on 2 or 3 wheels regardless on what bike those were/are.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
End of the year is coming up fast now. Be sure to get your miles for this year put in the list ASAP!

Remember it's only the miles you rode THIS year and not the odometer reading or how many miles total you have put on a bike since you've owned it (unless you just bought a bike this year).

You can combine the miles if you have ridden more than one bike during the year since this is not a record of the miles on any particular bike but just how many bike miles you've ridden during the year.

I'll be locking this document and this thread by January 1 since any miles you ride in 2022 do not apply to this year... of course. I'll be posting the list in the last post of this thread so it can be reviewed in the future.

I also have a question...
Is there an interest in doing this again next year?
Please reply right away so I can set it up.

Also, those members who have put in your odometer reading please remove that number from the listing and record that info somewhere else. On January 1 I will be removing those odometer readings for those who have not yet done so.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Don’t be too quick. Some of us can still ride!

Reactions: bob and Stirling

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Don’t be too quick. Some of us can still ride!
AS I said this will be done January 1. You should be able to report any miles you have ridden through Dec 31 by then. I'll likely wait until later in the day just for you though. :)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I would like this available next year too if you have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Figure I'm done for the year. 7164 miles since 4/9/21 when I had new rear tire installed. Stay safe all and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Since I’m stuck at home with COVID (w/ symptoms!), looks like I’m done at 7,876 miles for the year. And 3,600 of those were in 8 days! Basically no riding for me from mid-October through December, which is when I usually ride the most. Just too much happening at home, church, and the farm. Still - great to have the opportunity to ride this awesome machine!!

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Hoping you get better soon Frontis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fbnewell1

·
Registered
774 Posts
16,834 miles on the bikes this year. 6449 on the CTX1300, 5211 on the Niken GT, and 5174 on the Gold Wing. The vast majority of this was commuting and running errands. I did very little sight-seeing in 2021.

I also put a total of 4809 on two Ford Escapes. I drove the cars on a lot of days when I would have ridden a bike in the past. I rarely rode a bike on the days with a good chance of ice. I did not take any trips this year. I slept in my own bed every night.

Maybe we can finally put COVID behind us and have a better year in 2022.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Anybody else interested in continuing this charting of annual miles on a motorcycle besides just one member?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I would, in some form or fashion. Even just a thread with year-start and year-end is fine - like we’ve done for the last 4 years. Makes a quick reference source. Past threads show my miles for years 2018 through 2021 as: 10,951; 7,259; 7,053; and 7,876 respectively.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes. I find it interesting.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'm now thinking I'll attempt to add this years list as an attachment to the first post and change the link to open the new list. These changes will happen the morning of New Years Day (possibly, as long as I don't forget). I'll be locking any changes to the 2021 list at that time. Please do not post any miles traveled in the new year by motorcycle on the 2021 list but wait for the link to the 2022 list. If you didn't get all your miles for 2021 added before tomorrow morning then please send me a PM with any updates.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I was finished in mid November ended up with 11,500 for this year
Please go ahead and put that information into the list at the link in the first post... Not just in a post.

I will be sorting the list before I close it and attach it to the first post here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just re-updated mine. Been cooped up at home with COVID since my 2-day drive home from Christmas. About to go nuts!!! So, took the bike the ~4 miles to the post office, and came home with 32 more miles on the odometer! The bumps didn’t help my aching back any, but the wind therapy was wonderful! Oh - and the bike crossed the 42,000-mile threshold on this ride, as well. Gonna keep the cover off it, as I plan another round of therapy tomorrow. (y)
Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Steering part

21 - 40 of 56 Posts