CTX 1300 Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The first post is updated with the new link for 2022 annual miles list.
I also locked the 2021 annual miles list and posted a link to it as a PDF file. Please let me know if there are any issues opening this link.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I can’t figure out how to edit the latest sheet for 2022. Thanks for doing this Bob by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fbnewell1

·
Registered
727 Posts
Starting 2022 with 42,015 on the odometer. Hope that changes this afternoon!
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I can’t figure out how to edit the latest sheet for 2022. Thanks for doing this Bob by the way.

Should be the same as last year's sheet. I replaced the link to ensure it allowed editing by anyone who can open the sheet.
Click in the first open cell to start adding your information. Let me know if there is still an issue.

You cannot edit the sheet for 2021.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Got it!

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got it!

WHAT? Only zero miles so far? I guess zero is a number. Last year I only put zero for me initially since I was only demonstrating filling out the row. No matter the sheet gets sorted based on who has how many miles. More miles at the top.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Unfortunately my miles will be like that for awhile longer as I recuperate from knee replacement. It’s really difficult to not be able to ride with all the nice weather in NC. Driving me crazy!

• Sad
Reactions: bob

·
Registered
774 Posts
I listed mine at 0 also. I took the car today. I'll enter some motorcycle miles tomorrow after work.

Thanks for setting this up.

I hope to do much better this year. With the low miles I'm getting, I've put the Gold Wing up for sale at the local Honda dealership. I can't justify three bikes at this pace. The plan is to sell the GL1800 early in 2022, then trade the Niken GT for a Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello in the Fall. The CTX will remain my primary ride for the foreseeable future. I'm tempted to sell the car while I'm downsizing.

Reactions: fbnewell1

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
I'm going to wait until I actually have some miles to report. No need for me to put in my entry until then. This was tonight looking at the street out our front door just 10 minutes ago. And where you can see some tire tracks coming off the street... that's my driveway. So it might be a few days before I have any miles to enter.
Daytime Tire Building Sky Wheel

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
My bike is my primary transportation when I'm not truck driving over the road. So I've only got in 7800 miles for 2021.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My bike is my primary transportation when I'm not truck driving over the road. So I've only got in 7800 miles for 2021.
Please be sure to put your accumulating miles for 2022 in the sheet at the link in the first post of this thread per the instructions there. Thx.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
I finally got out for the first ride of 2022. Only 20 miles but it was a bit nippy out. Temp was right at zeroF. It was colder earlier this morning but I didn't feel like getting up that early so didn't start my ride until about 6:20 am. This was a run for the Coldest Ride Contest on another forum. The second place temp on the top 10 at this time is 16F. My previous temp at no. 1 was 12F. Besides, we are providing day care for our littlest granddaughter yesterday and today so had to be home for that by just after 7 am so wanted to squeeze a ride in today sometime.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I finally got out for the first ride of 2022. Only 20 miles but it was a bit nippy out. Temp was right at zeroF. It was colder earlier this morning but I didn't feel like getting up that early so didn't start my ride until about 6:20 am. This was a run for the Coldest Ride Contest on another forum. The second place temp on the top 10 at this time is 16F. My previous temp at no. 1 was 12F. Besides, we are providing day care for our littlest granddaughter yesterday and today so had to be home for that by just after 7 am so wanted to squeeze a ride in today sometime.
I guess it's true what they say about Iowans.

Idiot
Out
Wandering
Around

I can't talk. I'll ride in single digit temps or the teens, but I wear heated gear.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I guess it's true what they say about Iowans.

Idiot
Out
Wandering
Around

I can't talk. I'll ride in single digit temps or the teens, but I wear heated gear.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

I do wear heated gear. At least heated gloves. I have heated grips also but those don't keep working at the temps I ride in. Something to do with saving the battery charge state when it get really cold so it shuts down the heated grips. A lot of bikes with factory heated grips do that, including some BMW bikes and the one known for riders who ride very short distances between refreshing beverage establishments and other big name brands.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts

I do wear heated gear. At least heated gloves. I have heated grips also but those don't keep working at the temps I ride in. Something to do with saving the battery charge state when it get really cold so it shuts down the heated grips. A lot of bikes with factory heated grips do that, including some BMW bikes and the one known for riders who ride very short distances between refreshing beverage establishments and other big name brands.
I just put OEM heated grips on my CTX. It will be interesting to see if they switch off like that. But I also have Gerbing gloves, jacket and insole heaters for the long rides.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts

Oh, and I also like going to my local beverage establishment for coffee. I love the looks on faces when they see a motorcycle out in below 40 temps. And I occasionally see another out of state rider or two out on the tourist highway heading for wherever.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts