CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is to document how many miles you put on your bike(s) during THIS year. Count only miles traveled between January 1 of this year and December 31 of THIS YEAR.
This is NOT for a running account of your odometer.
The idea is to post how many miles traveled just this year.

For this year I am providing a link to a listing for you each to enter your own information on miles traveled, member name, primary bike you ride, general locality where you live.
The primary bike you list is the one you would likely ride the most, but the total miles you enter is the total of all miles you have traveled during the year on any of YOUR bikes (if you have more than one).
I will adjust this spreadsheet every once in a while to sort it by miles, with the most miles at the top.

The block for miles will automatically format with commas as appropriate and will only show whole miles. No tenths of a mile permitted.

PLEASE...
Be sure to use ONLY ONE ROW in this document per member and simply update the miles as needed.
DO NOT ADD MORE ROWS FOR UPDATED MILES FOR YOUR MEMBER NAME.
DO NOT CREATE A ROW FOR EACH BIKE YOU RIDE but put all your miles traveled during 2021 in one row.

If you really want to highlight the miles traveled on each of your different bikes, if you have more than one, then you may do so in a separate post in this thread.

Here is the linky:
CTX1300 forum miles traveled during 2021
_
We'll see how this works. If there are problems with information being put in this document I'll change how it is updated.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW- no need to add your info to the spreadsheet if you only have 0 miles.
This is a spreadsheet in Google Docs. If you cannot add your info then let me know in a PM (conversation). This document is set to allow editing by anyone who gets to it by the link in the first post of this thread. Simply click in a blank cell and start typing. This should work even if you don't have a Google account.

FLOAT your mouse pointer over my avatar picture and a block will show up, then click on Message to compose and send me a PM.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just added mine at 0 to see how it works. I'm hoping for big year in 2021. I'd like to get above 30k again. All this work and no play have made me grumpy. I'll be updating weekly.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
709 Posts
I put it there so I could reference it for my accumulated miles. Since it’s on the same line, I don’t have to hunt elsewhere.

Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Worst riding year ever. COVID restrictions, plus my CTX has been in the shop for months - 2.5 months this past summer, plus one month and counting now. :(:mad:

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Registered
811 Posts
Worst riding year ever. COVID restrictions, plus my CTX has been in the shop for months - 2.5 months this past summer, plus one month and counting now. :(:mad:
What happened to your CTX that put it in the shop that long? I’m guessing waiting on parts? Bummer

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Starting my year with 2833 on the Wing ododmeter. 3 trips in planning stages so far and hoping for more!

Reactions: fbnewell1

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a reminder that this is available to members. Please follow the notes in the first post here and plug in your miles traveled in 2021 (if you know them). I monitor this and other documents I host and I will sort this document as needed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I wanted to have a great year on the bikes. But I'm still working long hours. I'll be lucky to get much over 15,000 miles for the year. Most of those miles are just commuting. At some point I need to give up on ever doing any serious riding again and sell one of the bikes.

The big lesson from the way our government has handled COVID is that it does not pay to be an essential worker. Lazy, non-essential workers get paid to play at home while the essential folks have to work longer and longer hours to keep the country functioning. This is not sustainable.

I am getting very grumpy. I need to take a trip. But it's not going to happen this year.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
15K miles is nothing to be ashamed about. Most riders I know only get half that. I only get half that! But I also do know a lot of serious riders who go that distance and then some so you're in good company even there.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't forget to enter your miles traveled in 2021 (only the miles for this year and not the ODOOMETER).
See the link in the first post of this thread.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm thinking I have one more ride in me this year....🤷🏾‍♂️.... but if I don't I think I did pretty good this year for not riding a lot of local rides. But I'm ending 2021 with 7023 miles.

I'm hoping next summer I'll be back to my working every 5th weekend so that will give me more time with the family and them not miss me when I leave.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm thinking I have one more ride in me this year....🤷🏾‍♂️.... but if I don't I think I did pretty good this year for not riding a lot of local rides. But I'm ending 2021 with 7023 miles.

I'm hoping next summer I'll be back to my working every 5th weekend so that will give me more time with the family and them not miss me when I leave.
I don't see your entry in the document linked to in the first post. Feel free to enter your information there.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Well, that’s probably it for my year on two wheels. 7803 miles. Veronica is all clean, covered, plugged in and surrounded by moth balls for her “alone” time. Knee replacement tomorrow morning with surgeon telling me upwards of 3 months before I’ll be able to ride again. Really poor planning on my part since here in Raleigh we just went from mid to upper 80’s to 60’s and 70’s for the foreseeable future which for me is Nirvana. See y’all on the other side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts