CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgot to get this thread started at the beginning of the year.
Post in this thread how many miles you put on your bike during THIS year.
This is NOT for a running account of your odometer... other than possibly only posting your odometer as of January 1 of this year and December 31 of THIS YEAR.
The idea is to post how many miles traveled just this year.
You may, as in the previous thread, post a starting photo of your odometer (if you still have one available) and then again at the end of the year. Or not. It's up to you.

The odometer on my 2013 Burgman 650 on Jan 1, 2020 read 12,811 miles. (also forgot to save a photo of that).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Started 2020 with 27,054 miles on the odo.

Reactions: Lighter

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Started in 2017 with 0 miles (bought it new) and have 22000 miles on it now! Yes that's a lot of miles in 2 years!

Reactions: Lighter and SCS

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Started in 2017 with 0 miles (bought it new) and have 22000 miles on it now! Yes that's a lot of miles in 2 years!
23644 as of yesterdays ride. Looking forward to it going up this year.
But what was the odo for just THIS year, 2020. This is not about total miles on the bike since bought but miles ridden this year. Please. :smile:

(Just trying to keep the thread on track)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Well Bob, if you must know...
2019 total miles was 11,567. 2020 riding season begins April 20th!!

Reactions: Lighter and SCS

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Well Bob, if you must know...
2019 total miles was 11,567. 2020 riding season begins April 20th!!
I purchased CTX on 2/20/20 it had 11,050 miles on it. Today it has 11,562 ( 512 miles driven in 12 days). The weather has been great in northern California. This motorcycle is just fun to drive. I take the back roads through the wine country. Then hop on the freeway for that 70 mph ride home. Being retired has its advantages to ride anytime.

Ride safe

Steve

·
Registered
745 Posts
I started the year at 41,044 miles on the CTX.

I won't get many miles this year due to all the extra hours I'm working. We just rolled past 44k this week. My CTX will be lucky to get 5 or 6 thousand miles for the year.

I bought this CTX six years ago today.

I'm not doing any better on my other bikes. The year of the COVID will be well under 15,000 miles for all three bikes combined.

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far this year (2020) I've been able to get in just over 3200 miles. I usually have gone between 7000-8000 per year in the past and once in a while well over 10,000 miles. But many of those miles were the commute to work in all kinds of weather, cold and hot and rain and...
Since I retired I expected to get maybe 3000-4000 less annual miles just for no commuting but I've been able to pick up some of those miles just tooling around the country side keeping my social distance riding solo (no groups of any number).

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I don't remember how many miles I had in January. I have over 30,000 on the CTX now. I have done a good deal of riding on both the Honda CB1100 and CTX1300... but way more on the CTX.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Odo now shows 31,197, so that’s 4,143 for the year, so far. Majority of my miles will be mid-Sept to the end of the year.

·
Registered
204 Posts
January was cold but did get a January 1st ride in, must have been around 29,000 on the odo, March was a 4,340 mile trip to Daytona Bike Week then on to Keywest then back home to Kansas. Memorial weekend a short trip to Red River New Mexico. So 5400 I think so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I'll see what I can figure out. Been a bad year so far. Cold wet winter, plus early stay at home orders in Washington State. No annual trip this past May, because of you know what. Likely the same answer for a trip this Fall. I have about 49,000 miles now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought the bike 1 week ago with 7800 miles. Will edit near the end of Dec. I plan on riding as close to year round as possible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts